This Set-up sound good?

Rogan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
You may (or may not remember) i while back i was looking into a dSLR for shooting live music in low light conditions.

at the time i thought i had the money to buy my camera but turned out i had some thing that needed doing and ended up with very little money

i know have £210 and my fuji finepix S5600 (wich i cud get £50-60 for)

and think i have fianlly decided what to buy!
i can get Nikon D50 body for £160 (ish)

with

a Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 lens for around £110

and when i can afford a Nikon SB-24/25/26/27/28/80 speedlight for use as just a poweful flash, i kow it only works in A mode but i just need something big and bright that i can bounce TTL shouldnt be necessary.

Does this sound like a good beginners set up to live music photography?

Thanks

Rogan

Rogan, sweet Rogan - whatever are we going to do with you. . .

Actually no thats a perfectly fine setup. A D50 will MORE than handle your gig-photo needs, and youll get more mileage out of a good lens then the camera (thats not to say the camera isn't important). The Sigma 18-55 seems to be quite a good lens (if Pbase and Fred Miranda are to be believed), of course your situation will not be as "easy" as some of the photos I'm seeing up there. As a starter, its perfect, and you can add a Speed Light (does the 600 work on the D50?) later (if flashes are allowed - shouldnt be a problem since, I hope, you're not shooting it in the faces of the performers).

Actually no thats a perfectly fine setup. A D50 will MORE than handle your gig-photo needs, and youll get more mileage out of a good lens then the camera (thats not to say the camera isn't important). The Sigma 18-55 seems to be quite a good lens (if Pbase and Fred Miranda are to be believed), of course your situation will not be as "easy" as some of the photos I'm seeing up there. As a starter, its perfect, and you can add a Speed Light (does the 600 work on the D50?) later (if flashes are allowed - shouldnt be a problem since, I hope, you're not shooting it in the faces of the performers).

ahahhaa thanks ANDS!

im excited now, the 600 does work but it depends hw much money i can get together im notgoing to spend more than £50 on an old one if i did i may aswell justsave the little more and get the SB-600

ahahhaa thanks ANDS!

im excited now, the 600 does work but it depends hw much money i can get together im notgoing to spend more than £50 on an old one if i did i may aswell justsave the little more and get the SB-600

Most reactions

New Topics

Back