480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Years ago, I remember packing my dad's old 35mm camera away. For the past year or so, I've been hunting for it. Never could find it. :grumpy:

Well, today, while looking for something totally different: I FOUND IT!

Dad says he bought it at the PX while serving in the Army around 1951. But the online data shows it was made in 1960. So I suspect he had a camera earlier than this one. But still...... DAD's CAMERA! And it's ALMOST as old as I am!

DadscameraPost.jpg

Everything seems to work. I have some other stuff I gotta do today, so I won't have much time to test it out. But if it still functions, I'm gonna buy some film and take 'er out for a spin.

And THAT will be FUN!

Looks in great shape..... put some film through it.

Trust me... I will. I'd love to find an instruction manual for it. But so far Google hasn't been my friend.

I just called Dad and he said most of the photos of me as a baby / kid would be taken with this.

Update: Google got friendly, and I found the instructions. I also gave the camera a going-over, and all seems to function. However, I can't check the accuracy of the shutter or aperture, so I'm going for broke and picked up a roll of film today. When I get it all take, I'll have it developed, no prints, just to see if exposure is correct.

Update: I finally ran a roll of film through it. It's getting developed now.

We shall see..............

what are the hieroglyphics on the beveled ring on the end of the lens?

Just got the roll finished, developed and scanned.

Nothing earth-shattering to LOOK at, but I just wanted to test the camera out to see if the shutter, aperture and selenium cell all work.

23010015.jpg

23010016.jpg

23010017.jpg

23010018.jpg

23010019.jpg

That Selenium Cell has really held up! Looks accurate.

"A good Selenium Cell lasts forever". just like a Polyester Leisure Suit.

A Zeiss Tessar is a fine performer, and has a magic about it. Yours is "recomputed" using newer glass.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back