CorrieMichael

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
LOVE this image from a recent session. Would love any C&C you have
$IMG_8700washdpibwlogo.jpg

Very nice.

My only C&C is that I think it could be cropped closer on the sides (but not necessarily the top & bottom).

Try cropping it with a 4:5 (8x10) ratio and maybe try a square crop as well.

Baby was crying and mom started to sing....just a beauty of a moment. First time Mom and she was just so natural at it! ♥

Yes I would crop more off the right. Moms arm/back looks big. Also next time try and get moms arm in frame, so it isn't cropped then coming back into shot kwim? Cute shot though, mom will love it!

Very nice photo, but I'll let the portrait guys (and gals) go beyond that.

Yes I would crop more off the right. Moms arm/back looks big. Also next time try and get moms arm in frame, so it isn't cropped then coming back into shot kwim? Cute shot though, mom will love it!

eeek! never noticed the arm and how big it looked :) thanks guys!

Huh...it's almost as if the above two suggestions could have been accomplished by turning the...awww,nevermind...it's never heeded...probably never will be..too much work.

Huh...it's almost as if the above two suggestions could have been accomplished by turning the...awww,nevermind...it's never heeded...probably never will be..too much work.

I believe it was in a Bryan Peterson book that he mentioned (landscape) always turn around and see what's behind you. I think just for the heck of it, and depending on what type of photography we are shooting; always look behind you and always rotate to vertical - just for the heck of it.

Thanks so much guys! Yes definitely got lots of vertical images in the gallery for Mom :) Just loved the way this one turned out, it really spoke to me. But thanks to you pros I always do every photo veritcal now! Thanks again so much! I guess I just like the horizontal ones better by taste and so post those :)

Thanks so much guys! Yes definitely got lots of vertical images in the gallery for Mom :) Just loved the way this one turned out, it really spoke to me. But thanks to you pros I always do every photo veritcal now! Thanks again so much! I guess I just like the horizontal ones better by taste and so post those :)

I like the horizontal ones too, but step back a bit so you don't crop her elbow.

I like the DOF here, and the expressions.
focus is spot on.
im not a personal fan of B&W so ill leave the tonal range critique to more B&W oriented people.
not a fan of the head and arm crops.
can you post some of the vertical shots?

*chuckle*

10 points to Derrel. :)

*chuckle*

10 points to Derrel. :)

ONLY 10? Geez I'd give him at least 25 for that one! GREAT point!

Does the baby look comfortable.... Joke joke..

Very nice shot. I to would like to see a portrait oriented one also

It looks a little awkward to me. They both have slightly uncomfortable expressions; the mothers only because it looks like her face is being pressed too much into the baby's head (her nose being bent up). I understand what you are going for but I feel it comes off more 'emotionally smothering' than 'nurturing'. My 2 cents and initial reaction.

Most reactions

Back