This website doesnt seem fair: slight rant!

Rachelsne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok so I had a request on flikr asking me to submit a few of my cat pictures to acompany an article about cat cruelty on this website: Nowpublic.com

now to me this website seems like a blog (which is fine) what bugged me was the fact it didnt have original content, it stories are from other sources, it just coppied a post from another website and pasted it onto there site with a few of there own words at the top, then I guess the administrator/owner searches for pics and gets people to submit semi related pictures to the site.

with my own blog, and the blog that I get paid to write for a tourist website I have noticed that occasionally people steal or quote what I have written, this bugs me, I know this is the internet and nothing is safe, but when other people can profit from something I have written it is frustrating, especially as my personal blog is just written because I enjoy it, and not to make money from it-I dont have adds on it or anything, I write purly for friends and family back in England or for anyone bored enough to read my blog :)

Oh and as I have been writing this I have another request for another cat picture, here is the email (I deleted the first one) :x

Here's a personal note from michelle.sundvick:

My name's Michelle and I'm an intern at NowPublic.com. Just to let you know, NowPublic is running an interesting news story on a lady who passed away and left her 30 pet cats to fend for themselves and your photo(s) would be an excellent addition. If you're interested in sharing it, please follow the links below and feel free to add your own comment as well. Looking forward to seeing your work on the site!

In case you haven't heard of us, NowPublic.com is a participatory news website. Please let me know if you have any questions. The requested photos will appear as thumbnails when you follow the link. I'd also encourage you to comment on the article (after following the link) if you have opinions on the topic. It will appear as a comment beneath the article.

Take care,
Michelle
[email protected]

please click on this link - where you can approve or reject its use:

Link was here

NowPublic is a news sharing community that uses stories, photos, & videos from sources like you.

If you would like to learn more about this request, and the context in which your photo might be used, click on this link:

Link was here

If you do give your permission, your photo will always remain your property, and whatever license you have specified will follow its use on NowPublic.com

If you have any concerns about this, please contact our Quality Assurance Coordinator at email address was here

I guess I should be happy they are not just stealing the pictures. :D

you must be popular for them to be asking!! (quick stick lables and watermarks on the shots before sending ;)) mostly they just rip off your site for no reason (and mostly its auto computer ripping anyway - had it happen to me

Most reactions

Back