This winter storm is annoying - 2 boring subjects

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I picked up a 300 F4 and all I want is some decent light. Instead the past few days have been rainy and windy. Hard to get a proper test when your shutter speed is too slow. I spent some time at the beach and then I found some Robins to crawl around with.. I'm digging the sharpness and the shallow depth of field. These are all with a Tamron 1.4x TC attached, shot wide open and cropped some..

Seagull by krisinct, on Flickr

2 The wind was whipping..

Seagull and mussel by krisinct, on Flickr

Robin twig removed by krisinct, on Flickr

Robin 2 by krisinct, on Flickr

Congrats on new lens. compared to your usual, these all seem kinda pastel or maybe subdued is a better word. And the 1st robin looks a little blue. Very sharp and love the depth of field.

Hopefully I will have some light to play with tomorrow and get some more vibrant colors.. I do agree with you Baturn, this lens does produce a different look...

Is this an older nikor 300 f4 ?? I have one and it is sharp as a tack.
Yes sir! I got it from KEH in Bargain grade. Unfortunately the A/M switch is jammed so I have to send it back. Will probably have to upgrade to an EX grade as there are no other bargains in stock... Unless of course you would like to sell yours to me cheap :) lol

^^^^^^^ cool but no way... I just ordered an AF 2 Nikon teleconverter from them yesterday $200 in ex condition.
LOL :) Did you see my "birds in snow" thread. There are some shots with this lens and a 2x Kenko pro 300 DG. Surprised me at the sharpness all things considered...

Most reactions

Back