This World Is A Studio....

I love the simplicity and monochromatic look of that one. My only two complaints are the two spots of lens flare and the fact that the lamp post isn't straight (although the horizon is).

I think I agree with SCraig. I don't mind the lamp post, but it's an easy fix in PS.
The flare nearest the people is a problem, but the main one (the sun!) is ok by me.

It's a lovely shot, whatever it's faults. And I see what you mean in your title. :)

I love the simplicity and monochromatic look of that one. My only two complaints are the two spots of lens flare and the fact that the lamp post isn't straight (although the horizon is).

Thank you Scraig....It is today i searched for distortion correction in PS ...i think i could manage with that some what... as you and BTL has mentioned, i have corrected the tilt and has removed one light patch... which was the second one did you mention????? thank for making me venture into distortion correction and your time and thought

:D

Last edited:
I think I agree with SCraig. I don't mind the lamp post, but it's an easy fix in PS.
The flare nearest the people is a problem, but the main one (the sun!) is ok by me.

It's a lovely shot, whatever it's faults. And I see what you mean in your title. :)

Thank you BTL very much for your words and edition.... i added the distortion correction too; hope this has worked...

Regards :D

What i did: applied some horizontal distortion correction; cloned out one light patch and smart sharpened a bit

Regards :D

That's better. One thing to try, rather than using the clone tool, is to use the patch tool if you have it (same menu as the spot healing brush). You draw around the bit the want to remove, and then drag the selection to a bit nearby that is similar in colour to what you want. it makes a better cover up for the problem. In yours, you can see the ripples in the water are different as you cloned from an area off to the side. :)

The distortion correction is good. :)

Thank you Scraig....It is today i searched for distortion correction in PS ...i think i could manage with that some what... as you and BTL has mentioned, i have corrected the tilt and has removed one light patch... which was the second one did you mention????? thank for making me venture into distortion correction and your time and thought
One of the things I really like about some software is the ability to correct keystoning, or the leaning-in at the top of vertical lines. It makes things look so much better and your edit reflects that.

The second patch of flare is hard to see but it is directly above the right-most person in that group of people on the shore. It is just above the first band of very dark clouds and has a blue tint to it. It isn't very visible and could easily be overlooked, but it is one of those things that once seen cannot be un-seen ;)

6930358063_0a1506b76e_b.jpg

One of the things I really like about some software is the ability to correct keystoning, or the leaning-in at the top of vertical lines. It makes things look so much better and your edit reflects that.

The second patch of flare is hard to see but it is directly above the right-most person in that group of people on the shore. It is just above the first band of very dark clouds and has a blue tint to it. It isn't very visible and could easily be overlooked, but it is one of those things that once seen cannot be un-seen ;)

6930358063_0a1506b76e_b.jpg

I regret ...even after your pointing out...i mean circling out ;) i could not perceive it... as you have mentioned, it demands sharp vision to see that... or trained eyes.... i think i have neither :grumpy:

Thank you for your meticulous evaluation :D

Last edited:
I regret ...even after your pointing out...i mean circling our ;) i could perceive it... as you have mentioned, it demands sharp vision to see that... or trained eyes.... i think i have neither :grumpy:

Thank you for your meticulous evaluation :D
It's not really a problem. I think I only noticed it because I expected to see it there. Lens flare normally has a second, or more, "Ball" right in line with the first one. It's such a pale kind of dark turquoise color that it really blends into the clouds, and now that the first bright one is gone nobody would noticed it.

I think your edit the pole straight and the main flare gone looks MUCH better! Well done.

Most reactions

Back