Those Honking Canadians

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Taken (Handheld) with Vivitar 400mm on Canon EF, ASA 800 (Uncropped full frame)
210834_011_F800_04_09_3.jpg

Taken (Handheld) with Vivitar 400mm telecononverter on Canon EF, ASA 800 (Uncropped full frame)
210834_003_F800_04_09_3.jpg

Taken (Handheld) with Vivitar 400mm telecononverter on Canon EF, ASA 800 (Uncropped full frame)
210834_006_F800_04_09_3.jpg

It's been a long time since I did not feel the need to EDR push my exposure up, Granted these ain't perfect, they prolly could benifit from it and I could prolly crop them to better but I am quite pleased with these. It's been a wile since I could compensate for my scanning equipment and go. Point out shortcommings if you want, I don't mind, I will admit fully that I did not spend but fifteen minuets in post processing on these.

I am going to have to go back out to this location and look to see if I used the TC on these, The slight vignette sais I did but I can't be sure. I can't remember It took me a week to get the roll of film out of the camera and then it took an additional seven days to get them back from the processing lab once they finally left, so these are like two or three weeks old.

Well, there is the comercial Fuji 800 speed film they where shot with, there is also my processing, I tried something real quick in an attempt to compensate for some lost sharpness during resizing and may have over done it. There is also the fact I lack moniter calibration of any sort so there may be color issues I literally can't see to fix. Additionally if I did use a teleconverter on them, that can account for some IQ loss. I had purchassed a pre-owned TC reasently and have not had many oppertunities to test it. There is also always the chance that I missfocused, it happens. A handful of shots from this set where dumped for that very reason.

My scanner is capable of getting good results but the drawbacks include some generated niose during conversion that I have been steadilly opting not to remove, and come color casting issues, most particularly in the greens department. I don't think it's from scanning.

not such a fan
but maybe that's cuz i'm canadian and am sick of looking at these geese
hahah
second one is the best for me - maybe with a tighter crop and some different editing
but yes, the quality, unfortunately, is lacking

Well, I'll take my time and reprocess them at my first oppertunity, but I'll be gone for the next week so it'll be a wile before I can show them. If it's something I can fix I'll find it.

:lol:

Ya I hear ya..... they drive our horses nuts. They swoop into the big paddocks, Thoroughbreds don't need that, nope not at all. :mrgreen:

not such a fan
hahah
second one is the best for me - maybe with a tighter crop and some different editing
but yes, the quality, unfortunately, is lacking
We're always real happy when they leave here at the end of winter and head back north. It's a bit of work keeping them feed and of course all the goose processed food they leave about.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back