Thoughts on theme threads?

manda

instigator of pottymouthedness
Reaction score
Website
www.lyptonvillage.org
I was thinking it would be fun to have threads that we can all post in that have a theme. For example, the theme could be sky and we all post our favourite sky pics in the one thread.

I was going to just start one but I'd rather hear if people would participate first. I think it should be an ongoing thread, like the self portrait thread, where we can add new ones whenever we want. They won't be stickies however as we may have too many which would clutter the front page.

Yes? No?

thats a great idea manda!

i think i tried once a while back with rainbows, but i don't think anyone had any rainbow pics to add :(

they only prob would be some of us 56k'ers (but i am getting jetstream in about a month - oh yeah!).

Themes are good, especially when I'm trying to get ideas or tech advice on how to capture a certain type of shot: night shots, architecture, concert photography, and other types that look easier then they are, but also themes where the majority of us could add our favourates without feeling that we need to be bordering on professional to post.

Just my 2 cents (rounded down in Australia, of course!)

Hi Manda! Despite the fact that I haven't posted that much I like this idea. And even though I don't post much I try to sneak on here everyday to take a peek at what others are posting. I don't worry about things getting bumped off the first page. When I'm viewing I tend to remember where I last viewed and I'll go to a second/third page, as needed.

BTW, I have often thought some photos were good but a little too dark. Now I know why. My monitor is dying a slow death. I'm looking to get a new one (flat panel, at that) soon. So everyones photos will look that much better to me! Anyway, I'm glad I didn't give people feedback based on that. Cause it wasn't really their photos, it was my monitor!

Whew, sorry, got long winded there!

Hey Nevey! Sorry to hear about your monitor, but it will all be worth it once you get that flat screen. It's so hard for me to go to work and have to use a normal monitor! :) Will aka motcon posted a great monitor calibration thing that you can use to check if your monitor is showing stuff right. I'll see if I can dig up that thread for ya.

I'd like to see that thread of Will's, too, Orie. I'm pretty certain my monitor is out of whack just due to its age. It still "works" and I'd rather spend extra cash on camera toys, but I know a new one is in the near future.

Manda, I like the idea of the themes! I may not always have something to contribute, but I enjoy looking at everyone's work here. Great idea!
:idea:

sounds cool ... i'll post if i have something to fit the theme :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back