Thoughts??

Missy.a.Wilson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this picture in Europe while touring the many churches in Paris. Thoughts?? I intentionally added the graininess. The original is much cleaner. It's one of my personal favorites, but would like others' input. Thanks! $image.jpg

This may be a sentimental favorite of yours but not so much for me.
The two centers of interest, face and hand, are both at corners and the center of the picture is essentially empty.
His face is very dull.
The B&W conversion overall is too dull and flat.
His ring spoils the illusion of 'old' and, imo, you've chopped off way too much of the harp's beautiful curves.

If there is more to the picture, you might post the opriginal and allow editing and see what others might make of it.

Sorry,

I like it. Captured the subject well and the crop/framing is good. Tonality is decent. Perhaps the edge of his spectacles against the harp could be dodged a little. And maybe the lapel area and sleeve of his coat. Nicely done.

I like the idea of it, great subject but could have been framed not so tight so there was more space around him in the frame (and so the viewer would see both hands playing the harp). I don't think adding more noise helps the picture (grain is actually in the emulsion of film) and you might need to adjust contrast to get actual B&W not grays. The carved design of the harp is interesting and it might have been nice to see more of that. Some adjustments could improve this because it seems like it has potential to become a better photo.

This may be a sentimental favorite of yours but not so much for me.

You think so? I don't see any sentimental value for the OP in this pic...and it does show interest more or less to the viewer.

What I do think needs to be worked on...it is quite overcropped. The BW conversion is too damp as stated...
The grain is unecessary.

Otherwise, there is potential.

Most reactions

Back