What's new

Three Motors

poker_jake

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 1, 2011
Messages
321
Reaction score
55
Location
Duluth, MN
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Flickr: Poker_Jake's Photostream

7909665464_9e0894b97b_b.jpg


7909664170_ee9e27a6ab_b.jpg


7909662756_09bdcdce54_b.jpg


7909657600_eab752a1ff_b.jpg


7909650822_81d379c8f3_b.jpg
 
yep.. cool old bird!
 
I didn't realize there were any Tri-Motors still flying. Very nice shots.
 
Very nice shots! I love those old birds :)

Sent from my left big toe
 
Thanks all, was an awesome flight
 
Nice Ford Trimotor. Still flying, original ? Or recent copy ?
 
timor said:
Nice Ford Trimotor. Still flying, original ? Or recent copy ?

Original from 1929, restored obviously
 
Beautiful trimotor. You lucky devil. :thumbup:

Any inside cabin shots?
 
KmH said:
I made those other guys come out and move their airplanes since they were cluttering up the background. While I was at it, I had some of 'em spray down the apron while the other guys washed and waxed the Ford.

Very nice edit, I might have to try it myself

Edit: Was it dodged or tonemapped?

ReEdit: It looked good on my phone but not as much on pc monitor probably due to the resolution. Kinda looks oversharpened and saturated. I like the background planes removed and added texture to the apron.
 
Last edited:
The small JPEG and close parallel lines in the planes skin caused some moiré when I increased the mid-tone contrast of the plane and apron. I also boosted the mid-tone contrast of the sky but by only 1/2 as much. No dodging.

I used a combo of CS 5/Camera Raw (ACR 6), and Tpoaz Adjust.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom