Three Variations

otherprof

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shot from the same seat, using my iPhone 7+ because I couldn't figure out what was wrong with my d7200. (I had switched the body to manual focus without noticing. Funny how that keeps it from autofocusing,:02.47-tranquillity: These damn cameras never do what I want them to do - they always do what I tell them to do!)
The first one is the shot I thought I was going for. The second is the shot I think is the best - three worlds. I almost deleted it because of the newspaper. Now I think it adds a lot to the picture.
And the last was a try that I think worked fairly well

IMG_0691.jpeg

IMG_0688.jpeg

IMG_0692.jpeg

Last edited:
I shot from the same seat, using my iPhone 7+ because I couldn't figure out what was wrong with my d7200. (I had switched the body to manual focus without noticing. Funny how that keeps it from autofocusing,:02.47-tranquillity: These damn cameras never do what I want them to do - they always do what I tell them to do!)
The first one is the shot I thought I was going for. The second is the shot I think is the best - three worlds. I almost deleted it because of the newspaper. Now I think it adds a lot to the picture.
And the last was a try that I think worked fairly well

View attachment 156862
View attachment 156863

View attachment 156864
Number one does it for me.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

What paper?

I mostly prefer #2, but #1 is also good. Not as much a fan of the B&W as the color images. I LIKE the newspaper in #2!

See, trying subtlety on the internet is as unsuccessful as trying sarcasm. Neither works.

I meant to imply that I don't see the paper because the woman is so much more interesting. That paper.

Besides; the paper is a frame for your subject, so it actually adds to the composition. Sorry I wasn't clear.

I liked #1 until I saw #2. Adding the newspaper gives more of a feeling of the shot being caught in the moment where as #1 is solely about the girl.

What’s going on in the crotch region? Why is it all blurry?

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

I'm with #1. I like #2, but the guy has his hand covering his face. (the guy in the back, designer)

Really digging the color tones In # 1 and the lighting looks better controlled here # 2 the hands are hot highlights #3 B&W same as 2 on the hands. #1 for the win for me.

Most reactions

Back