Kotobukicat
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Apr 28, 2024
- Messages
- 46
- Reaction score
- 20
- Location
- Missouri
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
Hi
I hope that this is the right pace for this. If not I apologize.
I received a box of my favorite vintage glass from an estate consisting of about twenty Vivitar screw mount primes. They were not stored properly, and smell musty. I looked through each lens and there were no scratches, but everything is dirty and the focus rings are stiff. I know that there is much better glass out there, but I love the way that most Vivitar glass responds. There are some very fast lenses for the time among this stash (that was given to me.)
I do not know how long it has been since these were used, but there was some newspaper in the box that was dated to the late 80s.
The gentleman who did all of my CLA recently retired and there are no other shops local to me. I was wondering if anyone can that suggest a reliable shop to send this stuff to for a good CLA. I do not think the lenses are ruined. I have no intention of selling these on e-bay because of their condition. I could not in good consciousness take money for them. But if they can be salvaged, I would use them with my sixties vintage Mamiya Sekor 35 mm cameras. I have taken some gorgeous photos with similar glass and old Mamiyas in the past if I must say so myself. No show stoppers, but really decent photos with wide open lenses and fast shutter with fast film. Beautiful Bokah...
Thank you very much,
Joe
I hope that this is the right pace for this. If not I apologize.
I received a box of my favorite vintage glass from an estate consisting of about twenty Vivitar screw mount primes. They were not stored properly, and smell musty. I looked through each lens and there were no scratches, but everything is dirty and the focus rings are stiff. I know that there is much better glass out there, but I love the way that most Vivitar glass responds. There are some very fast lenses for the time among this stash (that was given to me.)
I do not know how long it has been since these were used, but there was some newspaper in the box that was dated to the late 80s.
The gentleman who did all of my CLA recently retired and there are no other shops local to me. I was wondering if anyone can that suggest a reliable shop to send this stuff to for a good CLA. I do not think the lenses are ruined. I have no intention of selling these on e-bay because of their condition. I could not in good consciousness take money for them. But if they can be salvaged, I would use them with my sixties vintage Mamiya Sekor 35 mm cameras. I have taken some gorgeous photos with similar glass and old Mamiyas in the past if I must say so myself. No show stoppers, but really decent photos with wide open lenses and fast shutter with fast film. Beautiful Bokah...
Thank you very much,
Joe