What's new

Three wides .. Have you used these ?

brdy

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 4, 2011
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Has anyone worked with these lenses.

Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM
$ 670.00

Canon 10-22mm f3.5-4.5 USM
$ 717.00

Tokina AF 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X Pro DX
$ 600.00

Photozone lab tests dont rate the Canon 10-22mm as highly as other two lenses

From what I have read I suspect the Sigma 8-16mm performs best ?? oh on an APS-C sensor camera that is..

Iam trying to decide between these 3 wide lenses to put on the Canon 60D Im about to purchase.


Cheers.
 
I have the Tokina 11-16 in Nikon flavor. I would not trade it for either of the other two. The big factor for me is the larger aperature. Yes the lens is a little soft at f/2.8, but most lenses are sharpest up a setting or two as well. But with the Tokina your getting into the sweet spot around f/5.6 instead of f/8 or even f/11 on the others. Thats a big plus in my book. It has a very good build. I have had it over 2 years now and I believe it was worth every penny.
 
I have the 11-16 lens, and its fantastic. I use it in low light all the time; being 2.8 helps for my needs. 11mm is almost 180º without fisheye distortion. Of coarse straight lines bend at the edges of the frame, but it does not have the distortion of the 8-16. Here are a couple shots I took a few days ago at 11mm. Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More
 
I just bought the Tokina 11-16 f2.8 for my Canon 7D, can't wait to start using it!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom