Through the Day

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
798-windows-r9890-v2w.jpg

-

This is a super interesting combination, and it makes me think of Escher or Matisse. I haven't got a CLUE as to how you created this one, but I like the idea and your technical versatility to pull this off in the way you do!

This is a super interesting combination, and it makes me think of Escher or Matisse. I haven't got a CLUE as to how you created this one, but I like the idea and your technical versatility to pull this off in the way you do!

Thank you LaFoto. These are time consuming, but very much fun.

-

Good call, Corinna: Escher AND Matisse! (and maybe also a dose of Aldous Huxley :))

Really cool.

:thumbup:

Very cool.

I kinda want to know more details about it, but I kinda don't. :lol:

MC Escher like for sure...I would call it 'Windows'
Very interesting and I would like to know how you performed this.

Wow. Thank you all for your comments!

It's a composite of four shots, taken as far far back as a year ago in June. That was the original building that makes up the base of the shot. One sky photo was taken last year, The other two, Last month. Masks were made of the two windows. then I overlaid the skies according to distance from the lens and either cut out around or pasted in the mask. The two forward sky layers were given some transparency to show texture. If you look at the interior, you may be able to see the bench in the building and the ceiling joists. The two most time consuming parts were building the masks, 4-5 hours, of which I spent a little too much time (had to start over a couple times), and then selecting the skies. That was a little tricky finding formations that seemed to flow together- probably another 1-2 hours. I still need to go over the big sky layer and do something with it. A bit too drab. I didn't want to detract from the window opening, but could have went farther.

An additional note, the photos themselves represent 3, 2 hour sessions and one 16 hour day with a 150 mile round trip drive. Of course these sessions/trips produce multiple useable photos, so it's hard to calculate exactly how many hours went into the image.

-

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back