What's new

Throughout The Years

Denali

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 31, 2011
Messages
17
Reaction score
4
Location
Atlanta, Georgia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Any C&Cs are welcome! I am a new member here and I am just looking for a place to enjoy the works of others and share a few of my own! A few of these were taken last year during the 2010 World Expo in Shanghai, China.

92266dd1.jpg


e9c49864.jpg


26fcbb9c.jpg


742bd1ae.jpg


2a7ad75f.jpg
 
I really like all of them except the 3rd and 5th ones. The 3rd has a few too many distracting elements imo, and a bit too much noise in the sky. The 5th one just doesn't have much standing out as unique or eye catching like the 4th one does.
 
I like the feeling of movement in number 4 it's my favorite, but the details in the water are all lost where the sun hits. I think faster shutter would have helped.
I agree with forrey about the noise in number 3.
 
I really like all of them except the 3rd and 5th ones. The 3rd has a few too many distracting elements imo, and a bit too much noise in the sky. The 5th one just doesn't have much standing out as unique or eye catching like the 4th one does.

Thanks! I would agree with you too. It was much worse before processing and I tried to de-noise it through photoshop, but this was the best I could get it.

What did you do to the photo at #2?

I did a bit of processing through photoshop. Did it not come out right?

I like the feeling of movement in number 4 it's my favorite, but the details in the water are all lost where the sun hits. I think faster shutter would have helped.
I agree with forrey about the noise in number 3.

Thanks! I wish I could go back and take that photo again. The noise does bug me a lot.
 
I like how you kept the camera straight with the horizon despite the bank in #4. It's much more interesting and dynamic than the typical over-wing shot. I do like the sky and contrast of the clouds in #5 though. Be sure to get a window seat each time you fly! :D

I personally don't mind the grain in #3. There is a sliver of black on the left which is a bit distracting to me, and maybe the spots in the sky too. Otherwise, I like it!
 
I like how you kept the camera straight with the horizon despite the bank in #4. It's much more interesting and dynamic than the typical over-wing shot. I do like the sky and contrast of the clouds in #5 though. Be sure to get a window seat each time you fly! :D

I personally don't mind the grain in #3. There is a sliver of black on the left which is a bit distracting to me, and maybe the spots in the sky too. Otherwise, I like it!

Thank you! It took a bit of neck twisting to keep the horizon level, but I think it was worth it in the end. :D The sliver of black was another building. I guess I should have cropped that out.

The left and right side seems blurry.

Oh wow, I didn't even notice it. I applied a contrast filter to that particular picture and I did not notice that the filter applied edge softness as well. Now that I look at it, there is edge softness in some of the other shots as well. Thank you for pointing that out.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom