Tilt/Shift Lens?

Becky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm planning on buying a tilt/shift lens soonish.... does anyone here use one or have any advice on which to go for?

Thanks!

I have a Canon 45mm FD T/S lens and FD to EOS lens adepter. That I got after a trip to Canada because the lighthouses all looked as if they where tilting backwards. Played with it a little when I first got it but have not used since.

The only new EOS mound non-Canon T/S lens I can recall seeing are the Russian brands you could try Kiev USA, Dvd Tech (in the Ukraine) or Ebay

Or you could go with the lens adepter option as I did. Cameraquest has large selection of lens adepter. The FD to EOS is one the hardest to find. But, if you can find the right adepter any brand of lens will work. Becaule all T/S lenses are manual.

Mainly buildings and architecture, I'd rather get a macro lens separately to do the macro job properly I guess.

Thanks for the replies so far :)

I'm not familiar with the Canon line but in Nikon they have 2 one is 28mm (I think) and the other is 85mm. The wider angled one would probably be better suited to your needs. A cheaper solution may be to use PhotoShop to correct the perspectives. I'm not an expert or anything but it does seem to be pretty simple to do in PS.

This is probably true, I just have a spending habit!

This is why I never deny it.... money burns holes in my pockets!

It is a well know affliction for us Nikon owners. We call it NAS. (Nikon Aquisition Syndrome). Many camera owners are afflicted with various forms of NAS...... ;^D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back