Tiny house

Hello Peg,

you know that I completely and absolutely love that image, no doubt about it ... after I've seen @bulldurham 's edit I had to agree that he's right (but still, without him pointing that out, I wouldn't come into that by any means by myself) and it took me now quite some time to find this .. I remembered that I've seen that few months ago but I was unable to find where ... I have to admit that it is one of the best tips I've seen on the youtube (somebody watches the serials in the tv, I watch the youtube photography channels) .. I use it now with every my photo to "calibrate" the exposure ,,

cheers, ~d
Learning to use luminosity masks is a far better way to extract lighter and darker areas of an image without affecting one or the other. I used a mids 2 lum mask on the image to bring some of the shadows up but did not affect the true blacks nor the lighter areas of the image. A darks mask allowed more detail in the darks and a lights mask allowed a richer tonal range in the light areas.

Hello Peg,

you know that I completely and absolutely love that image, no doubt about it ... after I've seen @bulldurham 's edit I had to agree that he's right (but still, without him pointing that out, I wouldn't come into that by any means by myself) and it took me now quite some time to find this .. I remembered that I've seen that few months ago but I was unable to find where ... I have to admit that it is one of the best tips I've seen on the youtube (somebody watches the serials in the tv, I watch the youtube photography channels) .. I use it now with every my photo to "calibrate" the exposure ,,

cheers, ~d
Those are some great tips! Thanks for sharing!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back