Tiny Nest

nannabug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
An experimental image. Comments and suggestions are most welcome.

Image4e.jpg

Hey nannabug
This is a wicked shot, do you have the original of this? I'd like to see a comparison. The nest shot and eggs i really sharp/super details on the strands of the nest :thumbsup:!

I like the 'black halo' effect, i think it works here quite well. I would go in even more in on the nest until the edges are gradiated to black, here's a quick & crude butchering of your image to show what i mean:
nest.jpg

the above image is just my personal taste, however your image stands really well on its own :) thanks for sharing this delightful photo!

simply beautiful :D .. very interesting

Hi nannabug,

Have you done any other experiments with this. It is a pretty interesting subject matter. Hope to see more.

Tammy

Quite original and interesting, the only niggle is that the highlights on the eggs seem a little overexposed.

Very interesting indeed.

The only two comments would be to reduce the lighting on top of the eggs to bring the exposure back for seamless detail. Also the halo is a little too big and off to the right side. I think it would look a lot better if the halo on the right side looked more like the left side.

Thank you for the comments.
I did experiment with several effects for this, but the first one was my personal favorite. I have attached a couple others, along with the original for comparison per vonnagy's request. I have lost a little quality due to downsizing.

Image4a.jpg

Image4b.jpg

Image4c.jpg

Thank you, Thorni. I know you've seen the first one before, although I've not previously posted the alternative ones.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back