Tiny part sought...

montresor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A year ago I posted for the first time here having jammed up the magazine back of my Zeiss Ikon Contaflex Super BC and was pointed in the right direction for repair; lack of cash kept it in the cabinet, however, to be brought out only from time to time and puzzled over. Then a conference with someone who knew about film backs in general led me to fiddle around with one of the fiddly bits and probe lightly in the dark slide nook with a business card and suddenly it released itself beautifully, with no damage and just the loss of the film that had been in there at the time. Setting the film back aside to await actual in-person instruction on how to use it without landing back in the soup again, I put on the standard camera back and thought "Here I go!" Until I noticed that I didn't have a take-up spool! Oy vey! So the question is, where in the world might I find such a thing? Am looking at various online places (B&H, Adorama, KEH, etc.) and not finding that specific thing, and will call ZV in North Carolina tomorrow to see if he has one; but in the meantime, wondering if anyone knows of a magical place where there aboxes full of all the little things we need for our venerable antiques...?

Almost hate to say it but, E-bay. It really is amazing, some of the stuff you can find.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back