What's new

Tip of the cod

travelguy92

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 12, 2017
Messages
45
Reaction score
46
Location
Nashville, TN
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
At the farthest tip of Cape Cod, if you drive practically to the end of the road, park your car and walk another mile and a half or so, you'll find yourself stumbling upon this beautiful lighthouse. Lighthouses are fantastic photographic centerpieces and especially one like this that is so uncommon to see photos of. Even though it was hardly 3 in the afternoon, you could see the setting sun coloring starting. It was a great find and im glad I trekked out there to take a picture of it!

*this was taken with an old 28-105, im pretty impressed with the sharpness of this old lens.

Provincetown Light by Houston Brooks, on Flickr
 
Nice photo! YES, Nikon's AF-D 28-105mm zoom is a GOOD zoom! A few years back we shipped an example of that lens across the USA in one of our Lens Across America series of equipment send-alongs; I was very impressed with the 28-105 on the Nikon D3x, a 24-MP full-frame camera...it's plenty good with a 24-MP FX camera!
 
Nice image and very sharp for a zoom lens!
 
Stayed in Provincetown a couple times in B&B's. We lived fairly close so we tended to go right before or after high season. Much nicer without the crowds. And even though they changed the roads around the briges at the canal. It's just a pain driving there when the toruists hit.
 
Stayed in Provincetown a couple times in B&B's. We lived fairly close so we tended to go right before or after high season. Much nicer without the crowds. And even though they changed the roads around the briges at the canal. It's just a pain driving there when the toruists hit.
Yes, I was the only one I saw for hours. It was SO nice. It was also about 50 degrees on that day, so pretty comfortable considering. Getting close to the water was a bit cold but thats ok. I'd love to go back maybe late september when the crowds have dissipated but its still not quite cold yet.

Nice lens, pretty scene, good eye!
Thank you so much!

I am glad you trekked out there too!
Thanks! Yea it was a lot of fun! It was a very nice casual walk too. Only the last 1/4 of a mile or so was sand, the rest was kind of dirt/sand compacted to make a trail.

Nice image and very sharp for a zoom lens!
Thank you! I thought so too. I was very happy. Even happier that I picked this lens up for $80!

Nice photo! YES, Nikon's AF-D 28-105mm zoom is a GOOD zoom! A few years back we shipped an example of that lens across the USA in one of our Lens Across America series of equipment send-alongs; I was very impressed with the 28-105 on the Nikon D3x, a 24-MP full-frame camera...it's plenty good with a 24-MP FX camera!
Thank you! Yes I agree, on my D750 it does a great job. The edges are a bit less sharp, but for what I paid for it ($80) im quite content.
Great image!
Thank you!
 
Great shot. The sky was amazing!
 
Great Photo! Loved it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom