• Total voters

nikon90s

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ok I just wanted to know how much do other people tip the pizza guy? I give him/her a buck or two and my friend told me I needed to tip more. I just got one large (11.99) so what would you tip?

I chose $1-2....but....if I were to order a pizza to be delivered...he'd only have to walk two doors down. :p

I am lazy and dont like change. If a pie was 11.99 Id give him 15.00. But thats just me. Depending on what the change is and my combination of bills he gets 2-3 and change.

That is of course as long as it doesnt take forever and it is still hot.

Shakka Brah said:
I am lazy and dont like change. If a pie was 11.99 Id give him 15.00. But thats just me. Depending on what the change is and my combination of bills he gets 2-3 and change.

That is of course as long as it doesnt take forever and it is still hot.
well said

Once I forgot to tip the delivery guy...i closed the door and was looking at the change in my hand when all my brothers and sisters yelled at me for not tipping him.

Oops. :mrgreen:

While growing up at home (I'm 23 for perspective, so during the '90s), my mom set out a $1 tip. I always felt kinda bad. In college, we would call out fairly frequently (a few times a month) for pizza or Chinese. Since there would be several of us chipping in, we would usually each put in a $1 tip, so tipping around $3-4 on a $15-20 meal. Now on my own and on a more stringent budget, I've only called out once in the last year and a half, and even though they got my order wrong (price-wise), I still tipped the guy $3 on a $17 (should have been $12, but it wasn't the delivery guy's fault) order.

Especially if they're older (as in not a teenager), then I almost feel bad for the delivery guy/gal that that's the only work they could find, and so try to tip relatively well. I figure that even if I'm on a budget, their's is probably tighter.

I always tip good. usually around $3.50-$4.00. My wifa asked me why one time, I said "didn't you notice that we get our pizza around 20min now instead of 45min." They remeber who tips and who doesn't.

All through high school and college I valet parked and lived off tips... This is how I show people how to tip. Put yourself in their shoes. Would you drive 3-5 miles and waste your gas at $2.00 a gallon to deliver a pizza for $.50 each way. Hell no! I usually try to tip around 3-5 dollars depending on how far they have to go and what time it is. I live near a college and there is a place that delivers until 6AM. When I get home from the bar and have them come out at like 3 or 4 I tip $5 no less.

I usually tip really well, unless the service is absolutely awful. And like the above poster said, if they're older, I tip more...bums me out that they have to take a job like that, but I admire their tenacity. Most times, those few dollars mean more to them than me.

I have to agree with Kevin. My hubby used to deliver pizza when we were first dating. Trust me, if he knew there was a good tip waiting on him... he got there as fast as possible.

Im with littleman. Being in college, I need every last dollar. I prefer to just get it myself. Also, I know several delivery guys, and they come home easily on a thursday/friday/saturday with $250 in tips alone. That doesnt include the $6.50 an hour plus $2 for every delivery they make.

When I go out to eat I will tip around 20-25% if the food and service is not out right bad. I will spend around a hour or more there so the person serving me has alot more time invested in me. I feel that they should be payed for the time I took up. Now how many deliverys can a person do in a hour and a half? I am only taking up about 5 min of there time atleast where I live. If they can make 7 stops in a hour and everyone gives them 3 bucks that is 21 an hour plus what they make per hour and on milage add it all up and that is almost 27 an hour. We should all be delivering food and tipping waiters about 70%. They are not the same service and that is what I tip on.

I delivered pizzas for 5 months and it was awful. People don't tip worth crap. They figure 'well they just have to walk from their car to my door', or 'they make like $12 an hour'. Let me tell you I made minimum wage which is $5.15 only got 30ish hours a week. With rent and bills plus gas being $2+ a gallon plus the wear and tear on the vehicle that doesn't add up to squat. I'm having to spend a lot of money on my truck as a result of that stupid job. I always tip $5 bucks cuz I know how much it sucks. And in my town no one EVER ended the day with $250. Also the charge per delivery was only $1 where I'm from.

Where you live definately matters. I live outside of Philly so there are alot of people around me. Sometimes the guy will have like ten other pizzas when he is at my house. If you live in the sticks or just a more rural area than thats less deliveries more time driving and more gas. A job like that really depends on the area

Most reactions

Back