Tips on how to market your photography business

Restomage

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Lately I have been getting a lot of questions on effective ways to promote/market your business from multiple photographers starting out in the industry. I have a BA Degree in Marketing/Advertising Communications, an AA in Journalism and have worked for marketing companies so I know a thing or two about marketing a business. I'm not claiming to be the expert marketer or king of the photography business, but I'd like to help in any way I can and share what I do know.

With all of these requests, I was thinking of creating a few tutorial videos and/or blogs to help point photographers in the right direction. My question to all of you, is what marketing questions do you have that would like to be answered, and is there anything you would like covered? I'm open to suggestions! I'll be sharing it on here eventually, as well as on my Facebook page and website.

If its geared to photography I think your typical questions. what usually works versus things that normally don't, what things can you do that are low to no cost, ways to market yourself that maybe aren't always obvious to people starting out (donations, raffles, charities etc.) how to generate buzz about your work and to gain followers. I think if you hit around those questions it would help a lot of people starting out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back