To be lured out of his darkroom: new MOTW -> JamesD!

Does the thought of a large salad with toasted almonds and sun dried tomatoes make your day complete?

Only if I get to hang out with a lovely young lady whilst I consume it.

Medium well steak helps, too. Especially if there's steak sauce. And French Fries.

How many pets do you have and how many pictures of them do you own? Care to post a few?

Well, I don't really have any pets. I've been living in Army barracks for the last seven years or so, and pets aren't really allowed. I had a goldfish once, but it died.

Once I get settled into my new home, however, I'm planning on getting a dog. A big white fluffy one that will shed all over the place and drive me crazy with vacuuming.

Yeah... that sounds like a good idea.... right...?

Discuss (in no more than 1,000 words) how answering existential questions in a public forum adds to the 'residents' knowledge of you as an individual and contrast that knowledge with the alter ego you present for public consumption as JamesD.
By answering questions regarding existentiality--or any questions, for that matter--I find that I can provide readers with an insight into my psyche which is semisimulaneously in harmonic balance with my true personality, and yet, provides an image of the unstable tracks upon which my train of thought so often rides.

It is interesting that ones perception of the reality that is "JamesD" can be substantially shifted by adding additional details which would not otherwise be available, were questions of an existential nature not presented. It's much like reciprocity failure... too much exposure, and the normal, linear response of "oh, this is JamesD" begins to break down. If you were to meet me in person, you would realize it is even more so.

Or so I've been told.

Alternatively, post a photo of your television (or related AV device)
Unfortunately, I sold both TV and VCR before departing Alabama. I never watched it anyway... it fogs my TMax.

Provide a set of dimensions for your darkroom

My darkroom, when it was still my darkroom, was four feet by five feet by seven feet nine inches. There was a shelf around the top, sixteen inches wide, six feet above the floor. Located immediately below it was a coat-hangar rod, which served several different functions as a darkroom accessory.

You've not come out of hiding yet?
Do you have a least favorite aspect of photography?
I have! And I do!

My least favorite aspect was the expectation that, because I have a fancy-looking camera, that I will A) Take 100% excellent photographs, and B) Do so, and provide prints, without compensation for film, processing, or effort, usually within 24 hours.

Incidentally, the last time my commander asked for photographs of a unit social function, I took them, had them processed, and presented him with a photograph envelop containing only the receipts for film and processing. Problem solved!

What would a dream vacation for you involve?
One Million Dollars. Actually, make that two. I figure with that, I can outfit and go anywhere I want and have fun there, and also retire. I'd love to go back to Korea, and I've always wanted to go to Australia and New Zealand. Some parts of Europe fascinate me, and, of course, there's always the magnificent places here in the US. It'd be kind of nice to do a world tour, spending at least a month in the cool places.

Of course, barring that, I've always loved Alaska, and living there will be sort of a vacation in and of itself.

And finally, before I go to bed, I shall make a promise: Tomorrow, I will add illustrations! I work film, but I can borrow a digital for this purpose (see, I'm not strictly analog!) since I have no darkroom anymore :cry:, and it'd be a shame to wait til the end of the week so I could get some film processed.

Unfortunately, I sold both TV and VCR before departing Alabama. I never watched it anyway... it fogs my TMax.
:biglaugh:

Will you be my boyfriend? :sexywink: I'm a total sucker for a film guy that can make me laugh.

John Wayne or Clint Eastwood?

Hey, how do you like that it is your birthday today???
And that you are still MOTW for one day PLUS having a birthday, isn't that as good as Christmas and Easter on one day??? ;)
What did you get for your birthday?
Take a pic of all your presents.
And show us the cake you got.
If you did not get a cake, go GET YOURSELF A CAKE! (Orders while being MOTW must be obeyed, you know that, don't you :wink: :wink: :wink: !?!?!)

Where are the promised illustrations?
Do we have to prolong your MOTW-status for another week so you have time enough to be in your beloved darkroom and make them for us?

I know yer an Argus user... would you like one of these?

argusbbq.jpg

Hurry James, bring the pics!
The new MOTW has already been announced and the new thread declared open.
I shall leave this one stickied, though, until you have answered the latest questions and sent in the pics! (OK, until Tuesday night my time, that is, should be noon or thereabouts for those across the pond ;)).

Well, it is Wednesday and this had to be unstuck...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back