To bee or not to bee

denum

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Found some cooperative bees the other day. I am still getting the hang of using my Sony 90mm macro lens.

DBS3145 edited.jpg

DBS3222 edited.jpg

DBS3262 edited.jpg

DBS3492 edited.jpg

DBS3552 edited.jpg

DBS3242 edited.jpg

Very nice detailed captures. I'm rather envious that you can control your depth of field and lighting so well with that macro lens of yours. My successful shot ratio with my macro setup is horrific to say the least.

Very nice detailed captures. I'm rather envious that you can control your depth of field and lighting so well with that macro lens of yours. My successful shot ratio with my macro setup is horrific to say the least.
Thank you for your kind words. I am indeed very happy with this lens and the results. What type of macro setup are you using? Maybe someone here can help with that.

Thank you for your kind words. I am indeed very happy with this lens and the results. What type of macro setup are you using? Maybe someone here can help with that.
A used Canon 100L IS on a Used Canon 1D4 I purchased pretty cheap from an Ebay seller in Japan. The depth of field is so sensitive that I have to use Topaz Photo AI to make up for my lack of skill and knowledge in what appears to me to be a tricky method of taking pictures. I thought the 1.3 crop factor in that body would be to my benefit thinking I didn't need to get that much closer to the object making for a wider DOF I'm trying to take a photo of but maybe I'm wrong about that.

A used Canon 100L IS on a Used Canon 1D4 I purchased pretty cheap from an Ebay seller in Japan. The depth of field is so sensitive that I have to use Topaz Photo AI to make up for my lack of skill and knowledge in what appears to me to be a tricky method of taking pictures. I thought the 1.3 crop factor in that body would be to my benefit thinking I didn't need to get that much closer to the object making for a wider DOF I'm trying to take a photo of but maybe I'm wrong about that.
Hmmm...this is a bit above my pay grade. Perhaps you could take a couple macro shots and post them in the C & C forum for some better responses from others who have much more experience than I do.
I am just a beginner myself who fortunately chose wisely (lucky?) for a macro lens purchase.
I will say that I do play around with aperture for DOF testing., use a high enough ISO to gain shutter speed etc.

I always find a diffuser and a flash give better results, macro in direct sunlight is not ideal. great shots though with your new lens.

Thanks mikbone! I'll have to look into using flash and a diffuser. Appreciate the advice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back