To buy or not? Hasselblad 503CW

Solarize

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I would really appreciate an evaluation of this ebay offer. I want to get into medium format but dont know much about it. Does this look like a good kit for £600-£700? The photographs included seem to show that the item is in good condition but the fact that there is no winding crank has confused me. Do you think that it means it has snapped off or something?

Is there anything in the description (or price) which makes you think I shouldnt' buy it?

There really isnt long left so I'll need a quick response if possible.

Hasselblad 503CW Medium format SLR camera body, Crome with folding waist level viewfinder, front cover, rear cover, & split image focusing screen. no winding crank. item is in mint like new conditon in box. Serial Number 19ER18***. I am the original owner, very low usage. Manual & Box are included.
Hasselblad 80CFE Zeiss Planar Lens with, front and rear cap, & pouch. Item is in mint like new condition in box. Serial Number 838804***. I am the original owner, very low usage. There is a UV protected filter on lens (not by hasselblad). Manual & Box are included.
Hasselblad Winder CW with strap. This item is mint like new condition in box. Serial Number 432ER3***. Also IR Remote Control which has never been used. I am the original owner, very low usage
Hasselblad A24 Film Magazine, Chrome. Item is in mint like new condition. Serial Number 32ER10***. Serial Number 32ER10***. I am the original owner, Very low usage. Box is included.
Hood for 80CFE Lens. Mint like new condition, I am the orginial owner, very low usage.
Case for 503CW, not sure of part number. Condition Mint.
70 Magazine, Looks mint, never used, not original owner. Serial Number or part number appears to be TU 301***.
Hasselblad Red Filter for 80CFE lens, mint like new condition. I am the original owner.
B+W Kaesemann Circular Polarizer filter for 80CFE, mint like new condition. I am the original owner.

It seems like a decent deal to me! Don't worry about the winding crank, they can be replaced with another one. The Hassy cameras are very modular in nature, it'd be easy to find another crank.

If the camera is indeed how is being described, then I wish you a very warm Welcome to the medium format photography.

Warning! The Hassy system is like a very expensive proposition, be prepared to spend more money on magazines, lenses and such.

Good luck!

The person must have thought they were not going to get enough for it because they removed it a few hours before the end of the auction. It was at £620 and hadn't shifted in price for a few hours.

Solarize said:
The person must have thought they were not going to get enough for it because they removed it a few hours before the end of the auction. It was at £620 and hadn't shifted in price for a few hours.

:shock:

That sucks!! Well, keep your eyes open. :lol:

Most reactions

Back