What's new

To Buy or Not to Buy....that is the question

ga6742

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 27, 2011
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
AZ
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I own an Olympus e-520 with a nice 14-54mm olympus zoom. I keep reading how the 4/3 system is
inferior to Canon and Nikon sensors. I am now on overload from research on a Canon/Nikon replacement
for my Olympus. I have decided that the replacement would be the T2i with the 15-85mm lens. This
amounts to aprox $1400. My current gear is worth aprox $600. My question is....will I be $800 happier
with the Canon? I expect the Canon to provide sharper photos. Will I be disappointed?

Geo
 
If you think that switching systems will make your photos better or sharper...then yes, you'll likely be disappointed.
 
If you think that switching systems will make your photos better or sharper...then yes, you'll likely be disappointed.

Mike's right - there's nothing fundamentally bad about what you have just now, so if you're happy with what you're producing but feel that you're in some way limited then maybe look at adding to your existing kit to give you more options, rather than changing systems
 
The only time an upgrade is sensible is when you feel limited by your gear. Whether it be your lenses IQ or aperture, or your camera's iso sensitivity, etc.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom