To purchase this or not? Nikon AF-S 28-70mm 1:2.8D ED

saez0r

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Guys,

I've recently come across the above mentioned lens at a very attractive price.

I would just like you guy's opinions before i bite the bullet and lighten my wallet on this 2nd hand item.

Currently i own the sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 which works extremely well however i do wish it can zoom in a little further [but i can live with it].

Ideally speaking, i would like a lens with a lower aperture setting, maybe a prime lens at 1.4 or 1.8 50mm [as my next lens for darker lighting conditions].

The reason why i'm considering this lens is well, firstly it is so cheap. Secondly 28-70mm i believe will satisfy the above criteria.

The issue is whether owning this lens and the one i currently have will be useless since both cover similar focal lengths?

Thanks, Sae

The 28-70 is a great lens, it's a heavy duty pro lens that was built to last forever. If you can afford it keep it, it's very close in photo quality to the new 24-70 but half the cost

yeah id take it in a heart beat. would then allow you to sell the sigma and get a prime to boot.

If you dont buy it, PM me the details- I have been looking for one ever since I got my D700.

I've used this lens for many years on both DX & FX, and it won't disappoint you...
If you can get over it shear physical size (especially with the hood attached) and its mass, it will be one that will stay with you forever...

I've used this lens for many years on both DX & FX, and it won't disappoint you...
If you can get over it shear physical size (especially with the hood attached) and its mass, it will be one that will stay with you forever...

That's what I don't like about AF-S lens, they tend to be big and heavy as compared to the older AF or AF-D.

I always appreciated the added heft, because it makes the camera more stable when hand held.

Get the Nikon.. ditch the Sigma! Not saying the Sigma isn't ok.. but the Nikon rocks! I have the newer version, and love it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back