What's new

To Serve And Protect....Macro

Nightsblood

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 7, 2007
Messages
97
Reaction score
0
Location
Fredericksburg, VA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just getting started in this macro thing and trying some ideas. Critique please.

Police1.jpg
 
nice shot now im scared
 
Good work... Nice arrangement, but I don't know how I feel about the distance blur.
 
Good work... Nice arrangement, but I don't know how I feel about the distance blur.
I agree here, if your just getting started with macro, macro is all about being totally sharp, I like the shot and maybe this is the effect you were going for, but a tip for future macro use, increase your f stop to at least f13 - f16 for the sharpest macro images, that will give the best dof on most lens', did you shoot this with a dedicated macro lens?
 
First off, thanks to everyone who has commented, its appreciated. Second, I did use a macro lens, a Tamron 90mm to be exact. I do kinda like the sharpness on one point and a little blur elsewhere, but I will certainly try the F stop method as well. Lets see what I get. Thanks you guys.

John
 
Ok, I worked on my F stop and this is what I got. You know, Im not sure which one I prefer.

badgenewshot.jpg
 
I like the second one better, lots more detail.

Steve
 
Eh, I didn't like how much detail was obscured in the first one's bokeh, but that second one doesn't look half as good as the original.

Hmm.
 
I think I agree with you. I like the first one better. I shot a ton of photos using the second method, and just wasnt feeling it. I like the out of focus stuff, I think it adds character and gives the photo more to look at. The second ones just a photo with a great amount of detail, but not much more.

I guess theres no "right" way to do it. I really appreciate you guys take on this.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom