toad - critique needed !

filtrer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello ! I snapped a photo of a toad earlier this summer and have begun to edit it but am stuck -- I'm considering just dismissing it all together but just in case someone has some suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it.

$toad-wa.jpg

Some things that are bothering me:
-- composition seems too central, flat
-- green blades and toad are roughly same size (if you drew an encircling form around the objects)

What other have told me:
-- too much is going on
-- is that a mushroom ? (when referring to the toad, lol)
-- DOP is odd

I've tried cropping different ways, have played with levels, color temperature, etc.. Considering playing around with blur and sharpening.

I'd really appreciate your help !

First impressions: 1) the back part of the toad is OOF and this maybe part of the seemingly "flat" look to the image. 2) the toad is almost the same colour as the ground he/she is sitting on. If you are using Photoshop, I might try and apply a mask to the image to mask out the background and then enhance the colour/contrast of the toad. If you are using Lightroom, you can probably do a similar thing with the "Adjustment" Brush. Not sure if this sort of thing will work, but at first impressions, these are the only things I can think of. HTH a bit.

WesternGuy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back