Today in our Daily...

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
We pondered running a cartoon by the incomparable Mike Luckovich (Atlanta Journal - Constitution). It illustrates the deaths at Virginia Tech to the 195+ deaths in Iraq today. When the cartoon came across our fearless publisher's desk he looked at it for a second and said run it. We all breathed a sigh of relief. I feel that we are a global community. As opposed to what CNN forces down our throats.

The murders that went down at Virginia Tech are horrifying. And we are all in mourning. Question is are we self serving when an attack goes down on American soil? I mean crimes against humanity are going down daily in a big way. All of a sudden we are supposed to hug our loved ones?

We need to keep a feeling of strength and unity forever. Not just when something tragic happens.

CNN and the media (too bad I have been in it my whole life) is the mind killer.

LUV AND BASS

I'd like to hear about the responses you get. I think you/the cartoonist make a valid point, but many people may understand the cartoon differently than how you explained it here (that's one of the problems with cartoons as opposed to articles).

We will be awaiting the responses as well. I'll keep you posted.

We went into this expecting a serious backlash. Editorially speaking we feel the issue needs to be addressed. "Ain't the first time and it will not be the last time we pull a stunt like this". I will try and post the cartoon.

Love & Bass

Craig - congrats on having the balls to say what I was thinking but wouldn't, especially in a place largly populated by Amercians, for fear of being chased with pitchforks.

Because support for Iraq is low there now (at its lowest?) I think you'll make a lot of people think. For two second at least before they get the red mist.

*just a friendly reminder*

Please don't venture too far into political discussions on the open forum.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back