Todays backyard session

BrentC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Finally a bit of sun today so took some shots around the feeders in the backyard.

1. Can someone identify this little guy for me? Woodpecker family?

**White breasted Nuthatch

P2030086 by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

P2030081 by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

3. Morning Dove
P2030076 by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

4. Female Cardinal
P2030072 by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

5. Male Cardinal
P2030065 by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

6. Purple Finches
P2030032 by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

7. Chicadee. Couldn't catch them out of the cage feeder
P2030022 by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

8. Junco
P2030021 by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

9. Downy Woodpecker
P2030018 by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

10. Female Goldfinch
P2030008-2 by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

11. Purple Finch
P2030006 by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

12. House sparrow
P2030003-2 by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

Last edited:
Wow, busy feeders. These are great. Sorry can't help with the identification of that woodpecker. I like that shot of the female cardinal a lot.

Nice set the first one is a white breasted nuthatch and the last one is a house sparrow not house finch

Thanks guys.

Wow, busy feeders. These are great. Sorry can't help with the identification of that woodpecker. I like that shot of the female cardinal a lot.

My backyard backs up into a ravine. I sometimes get 30-35 birds at once around my three feeders. I go through a lot of feed.

Nice set the first one is a white breasted nuthatch and the last one is a house sparrow not house finch

Thanks for the identification! And yeah your right about the sparrow.

Solid shooting! I LIKE the blowing snow or rain...it gives me a sense of time, that temporal feeling.

Great set, I love the Purple Finch taking off and the female Goldfinch!

Thanks guys.

My backyard backs up into a ravine. I sometimes get 30-35 birds at once around my three feeders. I go through a lot of feed.

And the female goldfinch is a house sparrow as well

Thanks guys.

Damn, your right again, and I should know better. I get tons of goldfinches. By now I should easily tell the differnce. Can't wait for the spring when the goldfinches get their color back. When I have the the nyger feeder out for the spring and summer I usually have around 12 of them on the feeder at once.

Thanks guys.

Damn, your right again, and I should know better. I get tons of goldfinches. By now I should easily tell the differnce. Can't wait for the spring when the goldfinches get their color back. When I have the the nyger feeder out for the spring and summer I usually have around 12 of them on the feeder at once.
Dont worry i get ids wrong quite a bit during summer when there are so many different birds around

Most reactions

Back