What's new

Today's flower pic

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jun 28, 2008
Messages
6,631
Reaction score
2,588
Location
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Minolta 50/1.4 wide open.


P1020520sm.jpg
 
Interesting rendering and bokeh effects. It has it's own look with good color.
 
love the bokeh. Nice shot.
 
Thanks Guys.

This is my current favorite lens but I have two more 50s coming; a Minolta Celtic 50/3.5 macro & a Russian Helios 44-2 58/2. Some folk claim the Helios is the best kit lens ever. :D
 
The bokeh look like painting, nice one.

Just one comment on the subject.
It is something not clear in my mind on what is really be the subject.

-Santacruz
 
Nice shot Ron, great Bokeh. I wish the tulip were leaning to the right a bit to seperate it from the daisy stem.
 
The bokeh look like painting, nice one.

Just one comment on the subject.
It is something not clear in my mind on what is really be the subject.

-Santacruz

I was focusing on the yellow flower lower left & did not expect the tulip to be so sharp.
 
Love it! And I love flowers and I love purple!
 
The 44-2 is a rough diamond.
 
all the best ron.


deleted. leaving the forum. too many highpost trolls, slack moderation, pompous twerps.
 
Last edited:
I like how the background seems to fade into a sort of painterly look. Nice! :)
 
Thanks to the rest of you folks for your kind comments.

Dallmeyer, I look forward to testing out the 44-2, 50/2. I see you used yours open as well as stopped down in these shots - very nice. According to the ad, mine is a 1980 version, SN#80232917. That would make it 4 years newer than yours, if that makes any difference.
 
Yes September of 1976 or 74, as a guess. Sounds like you know just how to read those off. I have a 44-M also (M=multi coating i believe, not 100% certain) More 'western/modern' style casing. I've nottried a side-by-side comparison, but gutfeeling the 44-2 is maybe sharper (contast and/or resolution). The samples would be .. approx f2.8, 5.6,5.6,8 and f8. It's approximate b/c I don't use the limiter of the preset mechanism just trim it down visually, TTV.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom