Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sanderling
DSC_2044.jpg

Semipalmated Plover
DSC_2068.jpg

That sanderling in a beautiful moment you captured! Great low perspective.

I love the low POV on the Sanderling :)

I would for me personally would remove the brown leaf in the fore ground - buy hey its not mine :) :)<

Les

Last edited:
That sanderling in a beautiful moment you captured! Great low perspective.
A couple of wet knees was a small price to pay. Thank you for you kind comments.

Very nice shots.....
Thanks Jeff.

I love the low POV on the Sanderling :)

I would for me personally would remove the brown leaf in the fore ground - buy hey its not mine :) :)<

Les
Thank you. I am definitely going to work on the leaf, it will make a nicer print for the wall with out it.

Both shots are very nice but the sanderling shot for the win. There's something about that leaf being there that really makes the picture I think. I think it gives it the feeling of being autumn. Otherwise a person wouldn't know.

Last edited:
I also would keep the leaf

A very nice couple of shots! I agree, the leaf does not detract for me, it adds to the depth in the photo. That's just a personal perspective.

Both shots are very nice but the sanderling shot for the win. There's something about that leaf being there that really makes the picture I think. I think it gives it the feeling of being autumn. Otherwise a person wouldn't know.
Thanks Kirk. I liked it because I too thought it gave the feeling of autumn.
A very nice couple of shots! I agree, the leaf does not detract for me, it adds to the depth in the photo. That's just a personal perspective.
And I appreciate your perspective. Thanks Jeff.

And for grins. Here is a version without the leaf. I'm still on the fence.
DSC_2044.jpg

I think the leaf distracts but the shot seems off without it. Probably because my brain knows there’s something missing. Maybe just blur it a bit more to keep the shape and color but make it less distracting? Or a slight vignette either with or without the leaf… Wherever you land it’s a great shot!

I think the leaf distracts but the shot seems off without it. Probably because my brain knows there’s something missing. Maybe just blur it a bit more to keep the shape and color but make it less distracting? Or a slight vignette either with or without the leaf… Wherever you land it’s a great shot!
Thank you. Maybe I'll give the blur a try.

I'm attached to the leaf but I found the bokeh a little distracting. reduced the clarity and sharpness of some of the transitional oof areas and removed the blacks in the foreground. Slight crop. My 2 cents :)

pjm-1.jpg

Some websites suggest you have as many things in a picture as possible to add more interest. Some people like less in their pictures for a cleaner look and that's okay too. As usual, it comes down to personal taste.

6xs5Qos.jpg

Or this ????

Nice shots. The bird in the first one looks cold.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back