Tokina 11-16 vs Nikon 10-24

Please use a real world example of this scenario. I think you are arguing for the sake of arguing here Allan.

Had you read a little more instead of making this post you would have seen that I was trying to isolate varible aperture as a singular feature that kundalini seemed to not want, and took forever to say why. I was not arguing the point, mearly wanting to know why. A realistic scenario is not required to understand the reasoning behind not wanting a singular feature. For example, one could ask me why I like D series lenses without a real world scenario, to which I would reply they work on all my bodies, including my old film bodies, whereas the newer G series do not. See? Easy logical answer to a question without a real world scenario, and no arguing.

Allan

Just call me crazy then. It's ceratinly not the first time and I highly doubt it to be the last.

I wanted an UWA, got the 12-24mm and loved it, still do. However, when I went with the D700, I couldn't get the full potential of the lens. I got a 20mm prime for wide shots and loved it, still do. But I wanted wider. After a lot of looking around and certainly a lot of to-ing and fro-ing, I bite the bullet for the 14-24mm and loved it, still do. In case you've been under a rock lately, the reviews of that lens is outstanding. I'll just quote the verdict from photozone.de, you can read the full review on your own.
So I guess at the end of the day, this was the right tool for me.

That is a perfectly logical answer, thank you. Now why you could not just say that in the first place instead of dancing around with "answers" like

kundalini said:
I'm willing to pay the price of admission for the show.

which tells no one anything is beyond me. I thought I had a very simple question, which was why you avoided variable apertures regardless of other factors.

Please use a real world example of this scenario. I think you are arguing for the sake of arguing here Allan.
I tend to agree. I'm not sure why he is concerned with my finances or choices.

It's been fun. Bye.

I am not concerned with your finances, I wanted a simple answer to a simple question. I am concerned with your choices because this is a photography forum, and that is what we do, share experiences, choices, reasons, etc to help us all become better. You can not learn if you do not ask questions, and you can not share your knowledge if you answer with cryptic messages that mean nothing to anyone but you.

Allan

Can't comment on the Nikkor but I love the Tokina.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back