Too good to be true?

existence02

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a D50 that I personally love and wouldn't trade for a D60 despite the megapixel upgrade and broader range of ISO. But I've been looking to pick up a body for my wife.

There is a guy about an hour away from me selling a D60 that he just bought a month ago for $250 through Craigslist. He swears that it is like new having shot fewer than 300 frames through it. He says he bought the kit and is now looking to sell everything but the lens because he found a great deal on a D300 and he needs to get rid of the D60 quickly to get some of the money back.

I've priced the D60 body only on ebay and elsewhere on Craigslist and they are at least $100 higher than this. Everything seems legit he responds to emails, has knowledge of the product, etc. But he has never offered any pictures of the camera. Obviously if this is legit it's a great deal and I'd gladly pick it up for her, but at the same time I'm uncomfortable driving a little over an hour one way without knowing for sure.

see if he will meet you in the middle.. it sounds pretty good to me.. if I was just trying to get rid of it, and needed the money to go towards a new better body, I'd totally sell it for cheap, thats what they do in the housing market, lower the price, sell it quickly.. around here the D60 can go for anywhere from 300-500 on sites like kijiji.. (CAD)

Ask for pictures, then go meet him and take a look at the cam. Take a couple test shots. Look at the file number. If your lucky he didn't format his card on his computer and you will know the frame count. if its 100-300 thats 300 frames. if its 102-300 then its 2300 frames and so on.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back