Too much land in this shot??

Not too much land. The fence is a great leading line. I think it might have worked even better if you had been up a little higher and a few steps to the left... I think. I LOVE the low clouds - they look ridiculously cool. I don't like the posterization of the blues in the sky near the top.

Great shot, especially for the point and shoot hybrid super-zoom camera you're using.

Welcome to the forums as well (your first post).

EDIT:
Here, I embedded your photo into my post..

4965878802_631c571b94_b.jpg

There's a sticky here that'll help you with posting photos..
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...forum-functions-pictoral-guide-using-tpf.html

it looks good but is over saturated

Yeah... a bit. Probably from a the settings on the camera too. I think it works ok in this shot though, because there is such a wide range of colors present.

^^^. Mods, are you ever going to remove this troll?!?!

Oh, and, the photo. I like the saturated look.

Very nice shot, especially considering what you used to take it. It does look a tad over saturated in the blues atleast on my laptop screen, but I don't really think it kills the picture or anything and I would rather it look like that then look bland in the blues.

Why is he a troll?

I think he meant to use the word 'spammer' instead.

I'm not sure if that's what's going on... but most of their posts are quick comments follow by the link to the website..

ive seen him posting elsewhere.. never struck me as a spammer..

anyway

the shot is gorgeous
and as others have stated i must disagree.. i feel the shot is not saturated enough!

bump up the greens make the grass really stand out.. the sky is gorgeous for this very reason..

id even paint right ontop of the grass to get it really green if need be... along with using the color balance etc etc

play around with it but def a fantastic shot! well done :)

Thanks to all of you... talk to me about saturation. I need to know exactly what this is. Other than a passion for taking the shots, I am a novice when it comes to the actual terms. Once I start using my new T2i, and getting input, I am sure I will be up to speed on the terms. thanks!

No, there isn't too much land because there is excellent contrast of the beach and grassy area. Now if it was 2/3rds green blob with little to no color variation, then yes.

I find the original question a little bewildering, honestly. How can you have the presence of mind to snap something like that and be on the fence about whether there is too much of this, or not enough of that. Be an artist. Follow your gut.

Thanks to all of you... talk to me about saturation. I need to know exactly what this is. Other than a passion for taking the shots, I am a novice when it comes to the actual terms. Once I start using my new T2i, and getting input, I am sure I will be up to speed on the terms. thanks!

Saturation is the word to describe the intensity of the colors in an image. If you converted the image to black and white, you'd be desaturating it - if you push the colors so they stand out more, it's increasing the saturation.

Congrats on your T2i!

Most reactions

Back