TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.esgameservers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I thought I'd share this budget lens-buying guide I published on my blog today:
Top 5 Canon Lenses Under $200

I'm posting this here to get an idea of what you guys think. I would call myself a seasoned amateur, but did a lot of research to find the best lenses. Did I make any glaring mistakes? Are there choices you disagree with? I'd love some constructive criticism on this.

Honestly, I didn't even know they're were 5 EOS mount lenses for under $200...

The 50mm f/1.8 was the only one I even knew of...

EF 50mm f/1.8 - yup totally agree

70-210 USM - Not one of my choices.. then again, I'm not sure of anything else similar

Lensbaby -> I have the 2.0 one. I think it is a fun lens although I wouldn't place it at the top 5.

Pheonix 19-35mm -> This is the same lens as my Tokina 19-35mm "plastic wonder". Totally agree. Great lens for the money although I hate how the hood is sold separately. Some vignetting at edges.

I would add:

Tamron 35-105 f/2.8 Asperical. This is a heavy, micro motor lens, from the 90s. Its optical design dates even farther back to the days when Adaptall was still popular. This is a great lens that I've seen go for under $200 in recent days. It is tough to find though. This is my go to lens if I need a zoom that is faster than my 24-105L. Its satisfying enough that I kept the 24-105L and sold my 24-70L. Later versions that went down to 28mm were also good but I here it got softer and build quality went down. I paid $400 brand new more than 10 years ago.. it was already discontinued at that time. I believe brand new was around $800

Most reactions

Back