Top of the World

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Or so to speak. My puppy at the top of cadillac mountain. Did some quick photoshopping. comments and critiques on that, as well as the photo?

bowencopy.jpg

boweneditedcopy.jpg

Jawesome dog.

Anymore pictures of it?

not any as of yet, as this is the only photo from the trip that i edited. But there will be more.

anyone else...?

D-B-J

This shot would work better in portrait. Also the cloud slanting across the width of the photo is distacting as it passes through your dog's ears.

Or so to speak. My puppy at the top of cadillac mountain. Did some quick photoshopping. comments and critiques on that, as well as the photo?

boweneditedcopy.jpg

I thought I would give something a try.
Leveled out your horizon and played with some other stuff.
Let me know if you mind.

boweneditedcopy.jpg

sweet edit dominantly. The only thing im not sure about is the oversaturated rock. the levelled horizon looks much better though. What else did you do? Sharpen maybe?

nice pic, tried to make it to the top of cadillac mountain a few years ago but a friend hit a deer with his motorcycle on the way up

sweet edit dominantly. The only thing im not sure about is the oversaturated rock. the levelled horizon looks much better though. What else did you do? Sharpen maybe?
I broke the photo up into 4 section. The sky, the water, the rock, and the dog. I edited them all individually as I find it produces a better result, you can attend the specific needs of each part of the photo without worrying it will bleed over.
I used Topaz Remask and Adjust 4, in PSE 6. For the rock, I did use a more aggressive setting, I was just trying to get rid of the haze like effect on the original. It was just a real quick edit overall, and I can still see some mistakes I left behind.

The only sharpening I did was an Unsharp mask on your dog.

dominantly, how did you select each part of the photo?

Click the Topic #3 link in my signature and it will take you to the thread I made about it.

ok, yeah, i do that quite often. but i normally use layer mask, magicwand to quick select, paint out what i want, then go from there.

I find the magicwand to be a PIA sometimes, but it will work with some time and patience
It's almost a necessity when trying to edit some photos. You either break it up, or you try and dance around settings to make sure you don't screw up the balance of the photo.
Nik's Viveza 2 is also an incredible option, and has my highest recommendation for photo enhancements. The Upoint technology eliminates much of the need for a traditional mask. Just something to try out if you ever get interested in additional software exploration.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back