Toronto waterfront in January - C & C welcome

Lazy Photographer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
lazyphotographer.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got out with the Toronto Photo Walks group yesterday for a full-on day of photography and fun, and beers. It was around 7C and sunny -- amazing weather for Toronto in January.
Anyway, here are a few shots. Let me know what you think.
Oh, I should point out before anyone comments that the white balance is off on a few of them, that I played with the colours to achieve exactly the look you see.

1. -- Keep the size of that smokestack in mind when you look at the second photo. The same smokestack can be seen at the very left side of photo #2.
HarbrFrnt2012-418-EDITED.jpg

2. -- This is a panoramic of 9 shots stitch together in CS5.
HarbourfrontPano-EDITED.jpg

HarbrFrnt2012-634-EDITED.jpg

HarbrFrnt2012-103-EDITED.jpg

HarbrFrnt2012-536-EDITED.jpg

HarbrFrnt2012-27-EDITED.jpg

HarbrFrnt2012-666-EDITED.jpg

Nice photos. I really like photo number 5. Did you use a plug-in for PP with that photo? Curious about the contrast. Thanks for the info.

Yes, very nice! I loved the effect you got in the dog photo! You certainly got a nice variety..

Nice photos. I really like photo number 5. Did you use a plug-in for PP with that photo? Curious about the contrast. Thanks for the info.

Nope, it was all done manually in Lightroom through trial and error. I really like this look and have spent a lot of time working out how to get it. It's still not 100% where I see it, but for now it'll do.

Yes, very nice! I loved the effect you got in the dog photo! You certainly got a nice variety..

Thanks. That Dog shot is actually a hip shot. I held the camera near the ground and shot blind. I've practices this enough that I've gotten pretty good at getting what I'm hoping for. Still a hit and miss process, mind you. This one was just a lucky break.

Most reactions

Back