What's new

Toronto's Distrillery District - 56k Run Far, Far Away

GoM

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 14, 2006
Messages
1,537
Reaction score
1
Location
Toronto, ON
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
You guys ready for the mother of all threads? There's a reason they call this place one of the photographic hotspots of the city...discovered it for myself for the first time today, and only for a half hour or so before I had to get away for other commitments :(. May go back tommorrow, though.

As a miniature aside, could y'all give me a hand? Some friends of mine just moved into their own place, and I kind of want to get them something photography-related for their new pad. Thinking of ordering something from dA, or, if there's something I think they'd like, from my own collection. Let me know which is your fav, and by that i mean which, if you *had* to, you'd buy for someone. If any. If none, say that :).

One last note...I've given myself a challenge, to think up a word every day (or so) and try and 'shoot' that word. Obviously, if I see a shot, I'll take it (as you can see in this thread), but my word for today was 'isolation'. The cigarette shots relate to that...sort of.

Shall we?

#1 - Colourful houses
housesju6.jpg


#2 - A pipe in a tube by a wall
tubepa1.jpg


#3 - Hollow
hollowcq2.jpg


#4 - Building #45a, apparently
bldg45aym8.jpg


#5 - Cigarette
cigra0.jpg


#6 - Cigarette Deuce
cig1zj0.jpg


#7 - My Fellow Photographer
photographerew7.jpg


#8 - Wheel
wheelan8.jpg


#9 - Wheel Again
wheel1cv3.jpg


#10 - Part of the Toronto skyline at dusk
skylineyd7.jpg
 
I love the details in no. 1, and no 4 is nice as well, though I'd like to see a B&W version ;)

...but 8 and 9 take the cake. :D
 
I like 4, 6, and 9 the most. they are all very good.

They are very stylized and sharp. I also like the compositions.

I think I like 9 the most. very cool texture and shadows
 
Alright fellas, some replies before bed...

Corry, Joe, cheers for the kind words, I'll see if I can't upload a B&W version of #4 for ya Joe on some rainy day.

Thor - Thank you very much. Complimentary, yes, but it's always good to hear good things. Thanks again.

Azuth - Yeah? I dunno, I kind of like the trash in the doorway. Most of this area is all bricks, metal and grunge, and I kind of liked the little bit of not-so-idyllic trash to liven things up a bit. That said, anybody with a camera and a half decent eye could spend a day in the area.
 
Everyone one is brill but I like 10 the most :)
 
I know the first one is almost broken up into a black and white half and a color half, but it would be neat to do it in photoshop for real, just to see what it looks like...
 
I really like 4, very nice use of color in the rest of the photos, would be interesting b & w
 
:) thanks guys, for all the replies

as an added aside, the first shot's gonna be hanging on one of my friends' walls within the next month or so, by the time it gets printed and shipped to me, as a housewarming gift, along with one of my earlier ones. Not quite money earned, but who cares...fellas, gonna have some of my **** hanging on somebody's wall, even if it is as a gift :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom