Totally Demotivated

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I sell seats at conferences. There are two ways to buy a seat at one of our conferences. The first is through our marketing department which would mean paying on our website through online registration, faxing in a filled out reg form, or calling our customer service. All three means the entire fee goes to the company. The second would be through telesales ie. me. When one of my customers finds their way to the internet we usually lose the deal unless we have proof that we were in contact with them, and that the only reason they booked is because of us. When this happens we send in a turnover request to the boss, and he reviews the evidence and will usually turn it over so we get credit and our commision.

I've had deals turned over without e-mails before. Just word from my manager that a mistake was made while registering online. Well today I got word that my 5 e-mail conversation with a customer over 2 monthes was not enough evidence that I should get credit. Like how much friggin time does one have to put into something like that?

So angry. My boss is such frigging cheap a-hole. They've done everything in their power to be cheap about the commision they're giving out to us in the last year. I understand the concepts, but totally sh!tting on the sales force that drives the companies profits up EVERY year is rediculous.

....end rant.

Sorry. I had to vent somehow.

Sales sucks. So does IT - no thanks for when it's working and a mountain of abuse when it goes wrong. It usually goes wrong because you weren't permitted the budget to do it properly.

That sounds pretty nasty about the commission though - presumably you make the bulk of your extra money from it and they're penny pinching.

Cheer up Paul, I'm sure you'll manage to entertain yourself some other way... baiting your co-workers probably! :)

Rob

markc said:
They don't even have a "referred by" on the web form? Or do people just not fill that in?

Oh they totally have that, only it's strategically placed so that people don't have to fill it out. And that people won't actually notice it when completing the online form. Basically it's a scape goat so our company can say "Well, we have it. If it was your sale...they would have filled it out."

They're bastards here. Seriously. They're getting to the point where they feel they're giving us too much in commision. Every new hire has been given a commision rate of %6 percent. We're all at %10. All the new people have been given all their leads since they started. Meaning they've been on the phone all day everyday, basically just taking orders. We all have to watch this happen, while looking up our own leads and wasting time.

eww. Screw that. :hug:: Can't you go hustle something else, for someone else, for the same kind of money you get there?

terri said:
eww. Screw that. :hug:: Can't you go hustle something else, for someone else, for the same kind of money you get there?

I may start looking. I can't believe of all things I got into sales for a living.

Last thing I ever thought I would be good at...or enjoy for that matter. Although right now I'm not enjoying it that much.

Never hurts to scratch around. Sometimes when I get annoyed with a work situation I'll brush up the resume and chat with a headhunter or two. It's surprising how just doing that much makes you feel more empowered - reminds me I am, in fact, in charge of my life - and usually things settle back down at work during the interim. :)

Although one time I did get a really cool offer by doing that. It's good to look when you don't really care one way or the other. :mrgreen:

To add insult to injury, I'm $15 short of my monthly quota. At which point I get %13 commission instead of %10. I'm beginning to think that's why they didn't turn it over. Keep me making the most while paying as little as possible.

craig said:
You should get a job in photography. Tough racket, but it pays well.

Essentially that's what I'm in sales for. Make a sh!tload, buy the equipment, start getting paid for photography.

terri said:
Never hurts to scratch around. Sometimes when I get annoyed with a work situation I'll brush up the resume and chat with a headhunter or two. It's surprising how just doing that much makes you feel more empowered - reminds me I am, in fact, in charge of my life - and usually things settle back down at work during the interim. :)

Although one time I did get a really cool offer by doing that. It's good to look when you don't really care one way or the other. :mrgreen:

That's really good advice! Taking just one day off work to brush up the CV and bang it out to a few folks is well worth the satisfaction.

I DID IT. Hit my quota!!!

350D here you come into my possesion!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!

And furthermore, you can all look forward to endless pics from yours truly!!!

...after the 31st of Jan.

terri said:

Rent out your time...people will pay to talk to you...

bace said:
I DID IT. Hit my quota!!!

350D here you come into my possesion!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!

And furthermore, you can all look forward to endless pics from yours truly!!!

...after the 31st of Jan.

Good man!

Rob

You ever notice that with sites like this you begin to learn way too much about people you've never met.

Seriously, you're all cool people, but like, what kinda person am I to think you people care about my shiz.

p.s. Thanks for caring.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back