Totally Zen...C&C Please!

Jifferz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These were taken at a local meditation garden, only spent about an hour there but could have spent all day, it was so beautiful. Please C&C, it's much appreciated! :D

thorn.jpg

branch.jpg

pinkflower.jpg

waterfall.jpg

desertflower.jpg

#4 would really cool if you shoot it on a tripod (or a rock) and make the shutter speed like 1/8 sec to make the water silky.

1. The background is too busy......It may help to have a closer crop.
3 Same
4 Schwettylens has the right idea
5 same busy background

When I think "ZEN" I think relaxing, so when the backgrounds are busy and fighting w/ the subject that doesn't make a relaxing picture.

Yes, those darn backgrounds....I can't seem to find the right angles on things to avoid the background busyness & the sky at the same time. I'm going back again later this week when I have more time to spend there. I will try to work on that, along with trying for a more silky waterfall affect (although it will be done handheld cuz I don't have a tripod yet). Thanks for your feedback!

Find a stable rock or bench to put the camera. Set it on 2 second delay shutter so you dont move the camera.

Yes, those darn backgrounds....I can't seem to find the right angles on things to avoid the background busyness & the sky at the same time. I'm going back again later this week when I have more time to spend there. I will try to work on that, along with trying for a more silky waterfall affect (although it will be done handheld cuz I don't have a tripod yet). Thanks for your feedback!

So I had some time to try & crop these to eliminate the busy backgrounds....are these any better??
IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

Most reactions

Back