Towns History.

PlasticSpanner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cheshirecatcarclub.info
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a mosaic laid all around a public square in Barnstaple, Devon depicting the towns history. I found it saddening that such a great peice of work was mostly overlooked by the young kids riding their BMX bikes all over it, too busy doing tricks off the benches!

This particular section tells of spotting the Spanish Armada in 1586 and the ships setting sail to meet them in 1588. I hope the Navy's response time has improved since then! :lol:

Barnstaple-History.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

Nice pic...like the compo and the bright colours against the grey, with the intersecting lines.

Antarctican said:
Nice pic...like the compo and the bright colours against the grey, with the intersecting lines.

Not sure if it's obvious but it is converted to B&W with selective colouring. Otherwise you could make out all the damn chewing gum stuck to the floor! :x ( A pet hate!)

Well, I did see the selective colouring and was a bit surprised to see this done to one of your photos ... would not have thought you'd do such things as selective colouring (you can't do that in your darkroom, now can you?! :shock: ) ... but it fits this particular photo a lot.

And what is actually known about the Navy's response time back in 15-so-and-so? How long did it take them to set sail and finally move out of the harbour?

Cool Chris.... looks great and love the contrast and colours!

LaFoto said:
Well, I did see the selective colouring and was a bit surprised to see this done to one of your photos ... would not have thought you'd do such things as selective colouring (you can't do that in your darkroom, now can you?! :shock: ) ... but it fits this particular photo a lot.

And what is actually known about the Navy's response time back in 15-so-and-so? How long did it take them to set sail and finally move out of the harbour?

These recent shots were taken with my new 400D backup camera. Good for quick snaps where top resolution and hands on manipulation/adjustment isn't required! :lol:

Selective colouring can be done in the darkroom though. Simply means exposing the coloured area first with they B&W masked off. Then adjusting the colour settings of the lamp, masking off the exposed colour section and exposing the remainder of the photograph in a low saturation.

*spits out chewing gum prior to replying*

Nice shot, I like the angles and the selective colour.

Jeanne Jeanne the Penguin King?? :lol:
well you will pick an odd Log-in name :lol:

great pic

Most reactions

Back