Townsquare

I like it, clean all around. wish the benches weren't cut off in the foreground,

I like it. I find myself looking down the path to the stores and looking around. Nice work

You have Tripodheightitis

OP, I've just looked through your 3 recent threads. What's your workflow for your HDR? Those images here have a Trey Ratcliff feel to them, so I'm assuming you use Topaz products and Photomatix?

For this shot, I'd have lowered the angle a bit, given up some of the sky, but gained the rest of the benches in the foreground...

What's that
It's when people that use tripods end up with the same perspective in all their shots because they become locked to the height of their tripod even if they vary the leg length a bitFrom the Ground Up – Composition
Aah I see, I will really keep that in mind next time I go shooting. Try to get lower. My tripod can get almost 6nches from the ground So I will explore than next shoot.

I agree with Rephargotohp, playing around with different positions on your tripod could lead to some really cool perspectives. Especially if your tripod can go to ~6in off the ground. That would be awesome!

OP, I've just looked through your 3 recent threads. What's your workflow for your HDR? Those images here have a Trey Ratcliff feel to them, so I'm assuming you use Topaz products and Photomatix?

For this shot, I'd have lowered the angle a bit, given up some of the sky, but gained the rest of the benches in the foreground...

Wow thanks thats a compliment in itself.

I have a few methods I use when processing HDR. I use photomatix, photoshop cs5, Nik Color Effex, Topaz Denoise and Topaz Adjust.

Depending on the image that I am processing I will either use straight out of photomatix into photoshop and then nik color effex.

Other times I will make three processed images from photomatix. 1) normal 2) Vivid and 3) shadow map - then I will bring it into photoshop and hit it with colore efex and de noise (sometimes)

And last I will process and image in photomatix and then bring it into photoshop along side with the originals to pull what I want from each image.

I use nik color effex a lot, more so than topaz adjust. I like the control points that nik offers.

I have processed soooo many pictures in a short while that I think I have gotten pretty good but still really lagging in composition so all this CC helps me to know I still need WORK!

It's when people that use tripods end up with the same perspective in all their shots because they become locked to the height of their tripod even if they vary the leg length a bitFrom the Ground Up – Composition
Aah I see, I will really keep that in mind next time I go shooting. Try to get lower. My tripod can get almost 6nches from the ground So I will explore than next shoot.

I agree with Rephargotohp, playing around with different positions on your tripod could lead to some really cool perspectives. Especially if your tripod can go to ~6in off the ground. That would be awesome!

I have a vanguard tripod that goes really low its the model the top can come out and legs fold out nearly flat. That is why I bought it but stupid me has not use that feature yet....Usually when I go shooting I feel rushed like I am going to get in trouble. I took a picture of the Federal Court house a while back and a US Marshall stopped me and gave me crap. Took my picture name and contact info and said I was breaking the law and could get a felony charge. Since then I have been feeling like I need to get the shot and leave.

Hopefully in time I break away from that and can take more time when shooting. I think my biggest problem is that I am rushed and I know I have it in me to do better.

Gracias for CC

Have to agree with what has already been mentioned, all your later pictures are taken at the same tripod/eye level, and most are just to high for a really interesting perspective. Earlier, I posted basically the same comment about your pump handle image.

Here your high angle forced you to either cut off the bench legs, or widen you shot view, which wouldn't have been a bad idea, as it would have given us a full view of that cut off covered wagon. A high shot tends to keep me as a viewer of the scene, not trying to become part of it. By really lowering your viewing height, the brick walkway becomes my true entry way, and a much more interesting element. It also invites my eye to walk down the path and into the scene while looking right and left.

With that being said, your processing has continually been consistent and extremely well done.

One thing that has really helped me work with lower angles/heights is a Nikon DR-6 right angle viewfinder. It's made working with a lower camera angle that much easier for these old eyes & bones.

Looked into that dr-6 pretty pricey.....I can see where it would come in handy though. Thanks for the info!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back