TPF Across America - The Journey of One Lens Across the USA - Round 2

If you do happen to open this to Canadians I would be interested in participating.

Alrighty, last photo of my series was added. Lens should be received by the next participant early next week.

Mark

Awesome project Mark. Thanks for starting it.

Today's additions:

Tracks2P.jpg

Tracks1P.jpg

Contrail.jpg

Farm.jpg

FWIW, here's the lens itself:

TPFAcrossAmerica2lens.jpg

Hey everyone, please don't forget to join the flickr group, add your photos, and geotag them

Thanks!
Mark

UPDATE 2: My photos are up on my previous post. Please see!

Mark

Pretty good performance you got out of that lens Mark! Not too shabby for a beater 35-70mm zoom lens that's almost 30 years old!!!

FWIW, I'm finding an issue with the aperture. :( It's very slow to close. If I shoot f/8 or larger, it's not an issue. f/11 or smaller...... expect 2-5 stops overexposure.

I plan on simply using my DOF Preview button before I fire off a shot.

Overall, the lens is in great shape, though! No huge gouges, scratches, and of course, clear glass.

This thread and effort delivers, thanks Mark and everyone!

Hope it makes it to Tampa soon, couple of models and my lights are waiting
badteeth.gif

UPDATE 2: My photos are up on my previous post. Please see!

Mark

Pretty good performance you got out of that lens Mark! Not too shabby for a beater 35-70mm zoom lens that's almost 30 years old!!!

Hey, thanks!

FWIW, I'm finding an issue with the aperture. :( It's very slow to close. If I shoot f/8 or larger, it's not an issue. f/11 or smaller...... expect 2-5 stops overexposure.

I plan on simply using my DOF Preview button before I fire off a shot.

Overall, the lens is in great shape, though! No huge gouges, scratches, and of course, clear glass.

Also, it IS a D-series lens. You could always just use the D-ring, and set it from there..

This thread and effort delivers, thanks Mark and everyone!

Hope it makes it to Tampa soon, couple of models and my lights are waiting
badteeth.gif

Thanks! I can't wait to see someone knock out some killer studio shots!

By the way, no one noticed the IR photos in my post. :(

I suppose that was because of the poor conditions of the photo, and lack of greenery to make it actually LOOK like an IR photo. :er:

Mark

Also, it IS a D-series lens. You could always just use the D-ring, and set it from there..

Not with my D7000. I have to set the lens to f/22 or else the camera won't work at all. I just get an fEE error message. My D60 just tells me the lens must be set to the minimum aperture, or else it won't work either.

FWIW, here's the bench test results:

TPFLensonD60tests.jpg

Seems it does OK up through f/8, then starts to overexpose at f/11. By f/22, most of the preview is blinking at me. These were all taken as fast as my D60 could clear the buffer. Full-size image can be seen here.

This seems to get worse on my D7000.:

TPFLensonD7000tests.jpg

(Shutter speeds are different due to ISO settings.... 1600 v 6400)

I suspect this is due to the faster FPS on the D7000.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back