TPF Calender

Would you be interested in a TPF calendar?

• Not interested.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a better idea - post it below!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The only problem I see with the theme for the month thing is that we are quite an international community and the seasons especially will be quite different. So while the January theme might say snow and winter to us Northern Hemis, but Manda and Von might throw out beach swimsuit shots as its summer down there. I think limiting the choices so it only reflects one half of the worlds perceptions of the month will limit the international feel, which I think is an important part of our community. (Not that I am saying anyone would intentionally limit it thus, but I can just see it happening, ya know?)

Chase said:
Cafepress used to have a nice calendar, but I don't see it listed on their site any longer. Anyone know of any good resources??

The 2005 calender is still available according to my Cafepress account. You might not be able to do it if you have a basic account since you can only upload one image. The merchant account still has it though.

oriecat said:
The only problem I see with the theme for the month thing is that we are quite an international community and the seasons especially will be quite different. So while the January theme might say snow and winter to us Northern Hemis, but Manda and Von might throw out beach swimsuit shots as its summer down there. I think limiting the choices so it only reflects one half of the worlds perceptions of the month will limit the international feel, which I think is an important part of our community. (Not that I am saying anyone would intentionally limit it thus, but I can just see it happening, ya know?)

Good point. How about the themes reflecting regions of the world instead of seasons. We could figure out 12 regions (plus a cover image) that have TPF members and then submit images from those regions with a contest for those regions with multiple entries. Thoughts?

I'll take a closer look at my cafepress account, I just checked the overview page without logging in.

Edit: good call, I see they are still available, thanks! Have you ever ordered one? Just curious on quality...

oriecat said:

Good point Orie. I hadn't thought of that really, but here's what I think. It's true that different people in different locations will have a different perception of each season/month. Keep in mind that while there will be several different interpretations, there will be a wide variety of voters too, since we are all voting. There's lots of people south of the equator who will influence the votes in that way. Also, it may be warm in December in Auckland, but they still have Christmas presents, and Easter eggs, etc.... I'm not saying we should limit the photos to landcapes and nature shots, (although I'm sure that's what I'll contribute :p). I'm sure everyone will be more creative than I will. and really in the end, we will end up with a calendar that has 12 beautiful photos in it either way.

That's my 2 cents.

Karalee said:
His title should be changed to something like Master Brain of the Forum LOL

Excellent idea!

Every blind squirrel finds an acorn once and a while. :lol:

Chase said:
I'll take a closer look at my cafepress account, I just checked the overview page without logging in.

Edit: good call, I see they are still available, thanks! Have you ever ordered one? Just curious on quality...

I was planning a WIX one for 2004 but some permission issues came up and it got place on hold. The cool thing is you can make only one if you want and check out the quality.

How expensive would it be to do two versions. Same photos just one for us normal hemi people and one for the weirdos in the Southern Hemi? if so then just broaden the themes to the seasons and try to correspond them to that Hemis month.

oriecat said:
True! I still dont understand how they can function in their daily life being upside down all the time...

:lmao:

Didn't have time to read all of the posts right now (or the patience :oops: ) I just hope that if this goes I can come up with a photo that gets picked! (ya right! :cry: )

Thanks Orie for remembering us "below the Equator" folks. It would be great having a calender that was neutral in subject matter for each month.

Most reactions

Back