TPF Secret Santa 2018

most, if not all, gifts that I saw were printed photos or digital files with permission to print or some related item.

For example one year I sent a mounted print of a photo that I let the recipient choose from my Flickr feed. The following year, because of the international shipping costs and customs delays I’d run into the year before, I sent a digital file of the chosen image along with a gift card to a store local to the recipient so he could print it if he wanted to.

So what exactly are we doing?? I didn't realize it was a gift exchange; I thought it was to send a photograph to the person whose name you were given, in print or digital format, and you'd receive a photo from whoever had your name.

If it's a gift exchange, I'm not going to participate, I thought it was to send/receive a photo. Can we get some clarification on it? Thanks.

We did not put any limit or dollar amount the previous 2 years either so not sure what you’re referring to Destin.

The one I participated in last year was a print exchange only.

So what exactly are we doing?? I didn't realize it was a gift exchange; I thought it was to send a photograph to the person whose name you were given, in print or digital format, and you'd receive a photo from whoever had your name.

If it's a gift exchange, I'm not going to participate, I thought it was to send/receive a photo. Can we get some clarification on it? Thanks.

I assumed that it being an image exchange was implied but maybe that was something that was lost in the transfer of organizing this from me to AC. Participants are always welcome to send prints framed or otherwise if they choose to. Here is the link to the "rules" as laid out in previous years: The 2016 TPF Secret Santa thread! You're too late.

We did not put any limit or dollar amount the previous 2 years either so not sure what you’re referring to Destin.

The one I participated in last year was a print exchange only.

See above link. It's the same thing as in previous years.

@acparsons - sorry AC, I should have given you the link to Sparky's post with the "rules" to make it clear.

You send one out to a forum member as their Secret Santa. You will (or should) receive one from your Secret Santa. It's not a 1-1 swap between you and one other person. With every participant, there's two others. A sends a print to B, B sends a print to C, C sends a print to D...... and the last person on the list sends a print to A.

I participated the last couple of years, and that's what I thought it was - I got a name and sent a photo to that person; whoever had my name sent photos to me (etc. etc. with each participant sending to whatever person's name they got).

I didn't know how/where the 'gift' exchange part had come into it. I've done enough of those type Secret Santas before! I liked doing a photo exchange.

Thanks for the clarification.

I'm in. PM sent.
I promise not to use any of the Monthly Challenge photos.

I`m in and just sent a pm, did this last year with another forum and got a great photo. If it makes it easier for the member who you team me up with, it would be easier to do sending a photo via email as costs and the PITA of distance could be bad.

I've sent both physical prints as well as digital files. Usually the latter when there's a good chance of damage since the recipient lives on the other side of the globe.

One option I have now is since I have my work posted on pixels.com, I could order a print for the recipient and it would be printed closer to them, so less likely to get crushed.

I will be emailing my choice of image to the member who has been assigned to me, and they can email me their choice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back