Track Day! Version 2!

minicoop1985

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I like them all. Nice set.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Why thank you, JC. I appreciate that. Did a LOT of walking to get these, and a lot of hemming and hawing in post lol

Let me tell you guys that R8 LMP car was damned near impossible to get photos of. It was almost too fast for me to pan it.

Let me tell you guys that R8 LMP car was damned near impossible to get photos of. It was almost too fast for me to pan it.
Increasing the distance between you and the car will yeild a slower pan speed. You just need a longer lens.

That's the problem. I can't afford a longer lens at the moment. And I did back off a LOT for a couple shots, but still had an equally difficult time. Not sure what it was-maybe nerves getting to me? I didn't have that hard of a time getting photos of that Ferrari.

Last edited:
I updated the shot of the R8 LMP car. It's a lot sharper. Lemme know what you guys think! Good, bad, etc, I can take it.

You did well on the panning, good job. I like tight and usually my horizons squared away ... if these were mine I crop them for tightness and plumb out the horizons on a few. Just a note, typically the car coming at you is more interesting than the car goin' away from ya ... I would concentrate more on the fronts than the backs. Why is there only one car in the shots, are these time trials? The more cars racing against each other the more drama and interesting the images.

This was a vintage festival. There weren't many cars on the track at a time. I agree-I'd LOVE to get a shot with more than one car in it at turn 5 (the GT3 and Ferrari 430 shots). I feel like the back of the cars could be a LOT more interesting if there were flames shooting out the back end.

Thank you, sir.

@Gary A. Here's a shot of the challenge/gt3 cars starting off. 5 cars for a 4 1/2 mile track leaves a LOT of open space. And downtime... lol

Press Start by Michael Long, on Flickr

Most reactions

New Topics

Back