Track Night (Supersports)

Shibby!

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Nothing to write home about, but I got out last night to view a track night. I wanted familiarize myself with the event so I can do a few this year.

These are just a few pictures. I have some better ones yet to be looked at, but just thought I'd share what I have. Lighting was extreme overcast (rare for this area) and lighting wasn't used. I would have liked to use flash(s), but with rules and regulations of where I could go and what I could do, I wasn't going to push it.

I know a few horizons are not flat. My Lightroom is having issues with Mcfee virus scan and therefore won't start.

All shots taken with my new +40D and 70-200 F2.8 L

1)
jpg02-9.jpg

2)
jpg03-9.jpg

3)
jpg04-8.jpg

4)
jpg05-7.jpg

5)
jpg06-7.jpg

6)
jpg01-8.jpg

7)
jpg08-5.jpg

8)
jpg07-7.jpg

Bikes are tough. I've tried a couple times and never seem to get the shot I thought I got.

The last two are my faves. I really like the last shot. Very interesting visually.

Doc

Bikes are tough. I've tried a couple times and never seem to get the shot I thought I got.

The last two are my faves. I really like the last shot. Very interesting visually.

Doc

That's funny because it's the only one I cropped too. I had to. The guy asked if I got any of him and most were of a poor attempt at panning (it's not easy!). This particular shot had an out of focus white bail bag in the lower left corner. Even the way it was had lots of white over the front of his bike. I cropped as close as I could, then added lens correction and burnt out the rest of the bag. I think it hides it fairly well. Under the bike got burnt a bit more as I wasn't paying attention but I like the harsh look. haha.

Wow, some great shots there. I'm not sure I have the response times to pull anything similar off!

It's a shame you had to crop out that last shot. I'd like to have seen a complete bike.

I see some of the shots have dark corners, most noticably the 4th. Might want to touch that up a little but otherwise I can't fault them.

Wow, some great shots there. I'm not sure I have the response times to pull anything similar off!

It's a shame you had to crop out that last shot. I'd like to have seen a complete bike.

I see some of the shots have dark corners, most noticably the 4th. Might want to touch that up a little but otherwise I can't fault them.

Yea, there was no chance of saving #8. It had to be cropped. I was shooting behind a concrete wall with bagged bails on the other side. They kept popping up and I had difficulty getting them out of my shot. I didn't want to stand up because the event oranizer said I can go anywhere safe as long as I remain unseen...

I added lens correction (to add the dark corners) in #4 and #8. #4 didn't require it, but I used it in #8 to hide some of the white-out from the bail bags.

Here are some more I have looked at:

jpg09-5.jpg

jpg10-2.jpg

jpg11-2.jpg

jpg17-2.jpg

jpg18.jpg

Most reactions

Back