What's new

Tracks

ad5qa

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 24, 2013
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
United States
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am a beginner at photography and am very interested in photos of tracks mainly man made. I have a canon T3 and using the 50mm prime lens. When I take pictures of tracks besides a low angle of lighting I am having a difficult time of having all in focus. The ends of the track are out of focus and I dont want to resort to a tripod. I tries varying levels of ISO along with larger Av setting. What can I try to make the entire print in focus besides getting the 18-55mm lens.

$12861099603_11b8f10140_b.webp

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jenkinsta/12861099603/sizes/l/


Flickr Tracking Set: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjTBZSiV
 
Last edited:
Try manual mode, ISO800, f16, 1/125. Underexpose a little bit if those settings permit it rather than widening the aperture.. If that overexposes, try 1/250, or ISO400 etc. Try and keep the aperture small and the shutter-speed high.
 
I disagree with 71M... keep your iso as low as possible in order to maintain as much detail as possible, and shoot in the mid range of your lens' aperture range for the sharpest focus. The tracks aren't going anywhere, so you can use a long exposure so long as you have a sturdy tripod, but in good light you should have no problem shooting above 1/60th which is certainly handholdable at 50mm. What you might be experiencing is the close focal limit of your lens... check your lens manual or the online equivalent to find out how close the 50mm will allow you to get to your subject, and if you are getting close to that limit, you might need to consider a longer lens.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom